“Perfect”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 18 November 2013

OPUS lived up to my expectations in every way.

After I messed up our first reservation with the wrong date they were incredibly responsive and accommodating in changing it. We arrived early in the morning from the train and were able to check in right away rather than just bag check like we expected.

From the second we walked in the door to the moment we left every staff member was engaging and helpful. The hallways have scents pumped into them that are delicious, the elevators always have some great music and coming back from a day in town usually results in some kind of pleasant surprise in your room.

This was definitely a splurge from our normal budget and worth every penny.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Aroncrunch,

Thank you for choosing to stay with OPUS, and for letting us know how we did. We were glad to see how everything worked out with your reservation dates, and that you loved your stay with us! We are always trying to keep the experience fresh, and just recently added the new music and scent program to the property that you referenced. Thank you again for taking the time to send in your feedback, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS in the future!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I hadn't been back to Vancouver in a couple of years and wanted recapture some of the magic this city holds over me. Going back to OPUS was a great place to start. The recent reno took everything I loved about this hotel and made it better. The styling; a bit bolder. The vibe, more mature and classic, was exactly where I wanted to be. La Pentola is a destination restaurant that wowed me at breakfast AND dinner.
It's nice to know, you can always "come home"
Thanks Opus.

Room Tip: Ask for room 301. Access to a private garden is heavenly year round...magical.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NYBillyboy

Dear NYBillyboy,

Thank you very much for returning back to OPUS and for then taking the time to send in your feedback. We love hearing from our repeat guests, and we're thrilled to read how much you enjoyed our new revamped rooms! Thank you very much for your continued support, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS for your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I traveled with my new wife to vancouver for our honeymoon last week. After searching through the usual listings to see what kind of hotels were downtown Opus seemed to fit our style best and I could not have been more right. The pictures are not deceiving, this place oozes modern chic styling and comfort. From the moment we walked through the door the level of customer care and friendliness from the staff was above exemplary. Greeted with champagne and an excellent concierge it's no stretch to say we were made to feel like honored guests. AND THE ROOM?!?! TO DIE FOR!! It needs to be said that we were in the prime signature suite, which equates to a very lush and extravagant penthouse. I did not see any of the other rooms except for pictures. But it is very safe to assume from the quality and obvious effort put into the care of the rest of the hotel that every room is amazingly clean, fresh, stylish, and have world class amenities just a button push away. . . . the see through fireplace, heated tile floor, and automatic window shades come to mind :). The car service which will drop you off wherever you want to go in downtown is very helpful. The restaurant is delicious at all times of the day. The location is perfect in Yaletown with enough energy and life to feel entertained and a crowd friendly enough that taking a stroll any time of night is A-OK. The ONLY downfall, and this is a huge one, is that you we did not want to leave. . . . . ever. Thank you OPUS, you helped us have the honeymoon we dreamed we would have!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Mitch M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such a passionate and detailed review of your stay with us! We would like to extend our congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for including OPUS during this special time. Our Signature Suites unique design and spacious layout have made them very popular with guests like yourselves who are coming to OPUS to celebrate. Hopefully we will get another opportunity to welcome you both back in the very near future!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Beautifully decorated hotel. Our room was clean, quiet, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly, and helpful. The location was great with many restaurants and bars within walking distance. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Linda M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with OPUS. We loved how you highlighted our decor, service, and location as the reasons why you would come back! Thank you for taking the time to forward along your comments, which we will ensure are communicated to the entire team.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a fabulous hotel find! A glass of champagne on arrival, iPad in the room for our use throughout our stay, good restaurant recommendations, and a beautiful room all in a central location. We took the Aquabus (stop only 2 blocks from the hotel) over to Granville Island and had a great day eating and visiting artist stalls. Transit line stop is across from the hotel and a Starbucks on the corner. Hope we can return someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at the Opus for our 15th year anniversary. Loved the room - it was just what I was hoping for. Deep tub, modern and sleek design, super clean and fresh. The view wasn't that great, but I didn't request a specific view and we loved the floor to ceiling windows.
Over-all it was a nice stay. The king-sized bed with down pillows was super comfy and couldn't be better. The complementary ipad was a nice touch.
The only criticism I would have was the food - the room service menu was very limited and extremely expensive. $26 for eggs, bacon and toast? Really? And for a late night or before dinner snack they really didn't have that many options. We had a cheese board that was around $30 tax and tip all in. I'd love to see and bed and breakfast package in the future.
But the staff were very genuine and friendly, and they gave us two bottles of sparkling wine on the house for our occasion. We'll definitely be back next year. Thanks Opus!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I booked into Opus Hotel for a business trip having never stayed there before. Upon arrival I had been upgraded to a suite complete with a two-sided glass fireplace separating the bedroom from the living room. The room was lovely, cozy and very comfortable. It rained the entire time I was there so every time I entered my room I clicked on the fire and felt right at home.

The neighborhood (Yaletown) is great - a yoga studio right around the corner, a wonderful coffee shop connected to the hotel and the Flying Pig a few doors down with the best brussels sprouts I have ever eaten.

Staff was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't recall my room number...I think it was 704. Ask for a suite with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business