“An average experience”

Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
vancouver BC
“An average experience”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed for one Saturday night in January 2014 as a guest of a hotel guest. I had read the hype about it being a trendy boutique hotel, and was not sure what to expect. Location is great in many ways, being in Yaletown and on the Skytrain. The only parking is valet, which I found at $37 a night a little pricey. But I'm not up to date on valet parking rates. Room seemed average -- no problems, but nothing really special. TV sound cut off regularly for 30 seconds at a time, which was annoying. Noise was a problem. Yaletown is party central on the weekend, and revellers in the street were noisy until 2 a.m. Given this constant, I can't imagine why the Opus did not invest in high end soundproof glass.( I've stayed in a highrise Motel 6 on the I 405 in Los Anegles, right near LAX. A 16-lane freeway under the window and no noise at all.) What is the point of all the bells and whistles if noise prevents one from sleeping? Staff were very pleasant and efficient, but for me, overall the short visit was nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Get a south-facing room, high up.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Canayen,

Thank you sending in your feedback from your recent stay with us. I wanted to right away sincerely apologize for the outside noise that disturbed you during the night. Providing a peaceful night's sleep is an important part of the overall experience at OPUS. We do have a wide range of rooms in different locations within the property, with some that face an inner courtyard completely isolated from any downtown noise. We would love to have an opportunity to have you return and stay in one of these rooms, to showcase the true OPUS experience. Please reach out to me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com and I would be happy to arrange the reservation for you. Thank you once for taking the time to send us your comments, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Opus hotel provided me with an amazing hotel experience. The staff were attentive and friendly and went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. They generously donated a free night to me and a spa day as I am a 35 yr old battling terminal cancer. They pampered me beyond belief and allowed me a night of relaxation to take my mind off my poor prognosis. The rooms were exceptionally clean, spacious and the dining was amazing. Hats off to the Opus hotel, I highly recommend them for their generosity and amazing service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

The Opus is an excellent hotel in downtown Vancouver. Superb location on Davie St near the hockey and football stadiums. Small but really comfortable rooms, well designed with L'Occitane toiletries.

Extremely helpful staff plus a very good coffee shop next door.

Stayed at a few good boutique hotels in New York (Rivington etc) and this reminded me of those. Recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My Husband surprised me for our 13th Wedding Anniversary. We stayed for one night. All the rooms are updated, new, and modern. Each room has an iPad and phone which can be taken off the property and help guide you around the city. The hotel also provides a house car to take you to nearby restaurants but it is a one way trip. The house car is a 2014 Jaguar. The hotel also provides bikes if one would like to bike around the sea wall. The hotel also gave us a complimentary Chardonnay wine bottle with macaroons because we were celebrating our Anniversary. The hotel has a gym but it is a very small room. The hotel is situated by Yaletwon. Robson street is very close by and easy to walk. Restaurants and shops are all close by. We received a complimentary continental breakfast with our stay at La Pentola Restaurant. This included coffee, tea, juice, muffins, scones, pastries, boiled eggs, yogurt, nuts, and fresh fruit. The yolks inside the boiled eggs were not cooked properly. The scones were okay, not that great. Yogurt and nuts were good. We did not try anything else so we cannot comment on their menu. Excellent stay, excellent service! We would come stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear A and Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send in your comments, and for choosing to celebrate your wedding anniversary at OPUS. We were thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! The complimentary hotel car service in our 2014 XJ Jag that you mentioned, is quite popular with all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast items, and apologize for some of our shortcomings. We will ensure that our Chef is made aware of your comments so that we can make any necessary improvements. Congratulations once again on your 13th wedding anniversary, and thank you for choosing to stay with OPUS!

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here on New Year's Eve and it made for a great start to my year! The room furnishings are top notch. Very comfortable bed, Keurig coffee maker, and high end toiletries. My girlfriend enjoyed the use of the iPad. She had never had the chance to use one. Very clean room. I work in the lodging industry and gave them a thorough inspection and found no issues. All staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. Thank you all for helping make my New Years great! Cheers!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Opus hotel which is ideally located in the Yaletown neighborhood of Vancouver. It is located in an area that has access to several of the best restaurants and nightlife spots in Vancouver.

The thing that really stood out to me was the stellar service I received from the every staff member at the hotel. They were super friendly and eager to help with any inquiry I had. They even helped me with ideas on where to pick up some gifts and offered to call me while I was out if anything else came to mind. They made my stay exceedingly enjoyable.

The hotel has a very cool and inviting feel. The room had great amenities and was very comfortable. I definitely left with the feeling that Opus would be my hotel choice in Vancouver for any future trips.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I visit Vancouver frequently for work and always stay at they the opus (and have neglected to write a review until now). Everything about the opus is top notch! The service quality is very strong throughout all that work at the hotel, the gym is small but well stocked, the bar is modern and has a great wine and cocktail list, the rooms are well maintained, great quality of amenities and very comfortable beds.

The staff remember your name, and as a frequent guest I am welcomed back with various treats in room upon arrival.

The location is perfect, right across from the skytrain and steps away from great restaurants and bars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear losttravelling,

Thank you very much for sending in your comments and for your on going support! We were thrilled to read how we are your hotel of choice for your frequent travels into Vancouver. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com if I can be of any assistance, and we will now look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Vancouver!