“Average”

Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
bangkok
“Average”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Opus is way over rated! No...its not bad or anything just over rated. Arriving at past midnight from a 25 hour trip my daughter and I found that the size of the room was wildly "stretched" in the photos and we simply could not even unpack let alone both stay in that tiny room for 4 nights. The only solution was to buy another room. At that cost we should have instead stayed in one well sized and appointed room at one the real 5 star hotels in town. I would not return.

On the other hand I must state that the front desk staff were polite and extremely helpful with advice on restaurants, etc.(their own Italian restaurant seemed almost totally empty every night).
We never saw or heard a squeek from the GM, unusual for a so called "high end boutique" hotel.

Room Tip: Remember that you get what you pay for in the final analysis.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear travelalotBangkok

Thank you very much for taking the time to send in your comments. While we were very happy to read how much you enjoyed the service from our team, we were disappointed to hear of the challenges with the size of your room. Our image gallery on our website provides all guests an exact insight to the wide variety of sizes and layouts to choose from, based on their budgets and preferences. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you on your next trip to Vancouver to ensure you have the best OPUS experience possible. Please contact me directly at my email address of ngandossi@opushotel.com, as we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the property in the future!

Sincerely

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
PG
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Opus for a week in October and was blown away by the quality of service from all the staff and the attention to detail found in the rooms down to even their room service. Audrey, one of the front desk staff, went above and beyond any type of customer service I have received before and definitely helped make my stay much more enjoyable. Another staff member, Benjamin, had great suggestions and connections for dining dt. Overall, loved my stay and have raved about it to anyone who would listen since then.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The only thing that i questioned was the value ....THEN the valet parking and them being dog friendly the little add-on's to the room made it verrryyyy clear that the value for the room in the best part of town was very very fair and the very in tune staff all being on the same page and there protocalls PERFECT!!!! I truly feel 100% confident that anyone reading this review will stay and feel the exact same after there stay at OPUS on davie St

• Stayed January 2014
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We held our wedding at Opus in 2004 and returned to celebrate our 10th. Learning of the reason for our return visit, Nicholas the GM upgraded our room and provided a complimentary bottle of champagne.
The hotel is still stylish, well located and comfortable. New since our stay in 2004 are flat screen HD TVs and iPads in every room.
Being such a special place for us, it was great to relive the memories.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
vancouver BC
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed for one Saturday night in January 2014 as a guest of a hotel guest. I had read the hype about it being a trendy boutique hotel, and was not sure what to expect. Location is great in many ways, being in Yaletown and on the Skytrain. The only parking is valet, which I found at $37 a night a little pricey. But I'm not up to date on valet parking rates. Room seemed average -- no problems, but nothing really special. TV sound cut off regularly for 30 seconds at a time, which was annoying. Noise was a problem. Yaletown is party central on the weekend, and revellers in the street were noisy until 2 a.m. Given this constant, I can't imagine why the Opus did not invest in high end soundproof glass.( I've stayed in a highrise Motel 6 on the I 405 in Los Anegles, right near LAX. A 16-lane freeway under the window and no noise at all.) What is the point of all the bells and whistles if noise prevents one from sleeping? Staff were very pleasant and efficient, but for me, overall the short visit was nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Get a south-facing room, high up.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Canayen,

Thank you sending in your feedback from your recent stay with us. I wanted to right away sincerely apologize for the outside noise that disturbed you during the night. Providing a peaceful night's sleep is an important part of the overall experience at OPUS. We do have a wide range of rooms in different locations within the property, with some that face an inner courtyard completely isolated from any downtown noise. We would love to have an opportunity to have you return and stay in one of these rooms, to showcase the true OPUS experience. Please reach out to me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com and I would be happy to arrange the reservation for you. Thank you once for taking the time to send us your comments, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Nicholas Gandossi
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Opus hotel provided me with an amazing hotel experience. The staff were attentive and friendly and went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. They generously donated a free night to me and a spa day as I am a 35 yr old battling terminal cancer. They pampered me beyond belief and allowed me a night of relaxation to take my mind off my poor prognosis. The rooms were exceptionally clean, spacious and the dining was amazing. Hats off to the Opus hotel, I highly recommend them for their generosity and amazing service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

The Opus is an excellent hotel in downtown Vancouver. Superb location on Davie St near the hockey and football stadiums. Small but really comfortable rooms, well designed with L'Occitane toiletries.

Extremely helpful staff plus a very good coffee shop next door.

Stayed at a few good boutique hotels in New York (Rivington etc) and this reminded me of those. Recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends