“super friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“super friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This isn't a luxury hotel, but it's very nice and every member of the staff I met was extremely nice and friendly. The rooms are reasonably sized for an urban hotel. To form an efficient, pleasant room plan, the bathrooms are pushed to the exterior wall. To get daylight into the room, the exterior wall is wrapped in glass. This creates some interesting opportunities, but if you're modest just pull the window blind.
The lobby is a nice room with pleasant views to the street. I only have one criticism of this place - the finishes and furniture in the lobby are a little tired and dated. It's ready for a freshening up.
Finally - I was truly impressed by the friendliness of the staff. They're a very helpful group that made my stay in Vancouver more pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Raleighfuji,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at OPUS, and for then sending along your notes from your recent stay with us.Your comments surrounding the staff and just how impressed you were with their service, were wonderful to read! We are happy to pass along an update as well, that our lobby lounge area is undergoing a complete make over. We are very excited about the project, and will be rolling out the new lounge for our guests to enjoy near the end of this year! Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS.

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My travel agent booked the Opus per my request. I had read a lot of positive reviews on trip advisor and wanted to spend my last day in Canada and 40th birthday in a boutique hotel. I wish I had spent the first four days there because I'm sure I missed out on a lot of the perks this hotel provided.
When I checked in, the concierge greeted me a happy birthday which I didn't expect. I'm assuming my travel agent made a little notation during the reservation process. Nice touch! I felt special.
Upon entering my room, I was totally ecstatic to find a chocolate fudge brownie with a Happy Birthday sign and a personalized hand written note from the GM, thanking me for choosing to spend my birthday at their hotel. How awesome is that?
What a nice touch! Seriously. I had to keep the letter so I am reminded of how great this hotel treated me.
The room was very contemporary which I loved. They also provided an IPad with free internet that I could use at the hotel and take out while I tour the city. Again, AWESOME. There was also a fully stocked mini bar and convience bar ready for me to use.
My only regret is that I spent only one night there. The location is perfect for young adults. Lots of places to eat and shop. A great place to stay for sure. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting top notch service!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Cdisgr8,

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your birthday with OPUS and for then taking the time to send along your comments. We loved hearing how the team made you feel special, that is what it's all about! Thank you again for your support, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing, everything about this hotel was amazing. Staff were beyond helpful which was great as we had a few minor travel hiccups. The place is in a perfect central location, ideal for Rogers Stadium as well. Never stayed anywhere that smells so good either!!!
Only draw back was limited space to store luggage as we had a bit.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tofino, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spent a weekend at this amazing Hotel, Never left Yaletown, with all its fabulous day and nightlife. The staff, especially Nathan and Camilla so responsive to meet the needs of their guests, you can feel their passion. Recommend Suite 704 with its double soaker jetted tub. Everything one needs for a complete and luxurious stay has been thought of. Enjoyed Brunch at La Pergola. Will for certain be back again, to enjoy a hassle free comfortable and enjoyable stay at surely what has to be Vancouver's best Boutique Hotel.......

Room Tip: Suite 704.mmmmm
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of those hotel experiences that starts the moment you arrive at Vancouver Airport. Pick up your luggage then seamlessly get on the wonderful new Canada line Skytrain heading to Yaletown station. It's a short comfortable train ride and in about 20 minutes you are there in the heart of downtown Vancouver, in Yaletown filled with fantastic shops and some of the city's best restaurants. The hotel isn't even a block away from the station, you cross the street and you're there. It's a great relaxed lobby in a small scaled hotel. Check-in was a breeze, a warm welcome with a free drink. They have this kinda funky theme thing going on in the rooms, great subdued tones. The room felt very spacious for downtown Vancouver, a big comfortable bed, a wonderful soaker tub with separate shower and heated floors in the bath room. This place was very relaxing. It has nice touches with pitchers of water, and a unique treat with turndown service. Next time I am in Vancouver, this hotel will be top of my list.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Got a free room upgrade and the staff are stellar! Best spot in town, plus free bike rentals! Everything is within walking distance. The weekend package is the way to go! We hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Trippingout78,

Thank you for choosing to stay with OPUS and for taking the time to post your comments. We were very happy to read that you were able to explore the city on our cruiser bikes, and that the weather hopefully cooperated! We were just as pleased to see that you found the staff and the service that they provided to be stellar! Thank you again for your support, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS in the future

Wellington NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I loved my time at Opus, the room was beautiful as well as being functional, hotel reception staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations etc. All round a great choice! And fantastic location, lots of good restaurants and cafes within a couple of minutes walk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business