“about my stay”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 3 May 2014

very friendly staff, nice room, would have liked a soaker tub in the bathroom instead of a regular size tub though! bed was very comfortable and loved the television and the coffee maker! all in all was a very good experience and had a wonderful stay with you thanks to all the staff and management see you again!

Room Tip: pick the rooms on the top floor it has the best view and a balcony to overlook the city
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here last week on a little girls’ night out city staycation, and were blown away by how fabulous OPUS is! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we loved the amenities, the service, the people and the food. We were warmly greeted by Nathan at the door, and welcomed by Dan at the front desk with a glass of bubbly to check-in…what a way to start the weekend! Shortly after arriving to our room, we received a welcome call from Camilla who offered to make dinner reservations for us - so sweet! There was even a hand-written welcome card from the General Manager together with some crisps and chocolate - what a lovely touch!

Our room (Deluxe King) was AMAZING! Super roomy and comfortable. We stayed in a “Pierre” room, one of their ‘virtual lifestyle concierges’, which is a vibrant Hermès-esk orange. The colors in the room work really well together with the furnishings, which feel super residential, warm and homey. They have all the techy things you need to work (WiFi, iPad, Samsung Galaxy phone), and a great entertainment system with loads of channels. The bathroom has heated floors which I loved loved loved, and our room had Malin + Goetz products which were such a treat!

Dinner at La Pentola della Quercia was a highlight - their Famiglia style menu was so amazing, and the service was super attentive, friendly and welcoming. Remember to leave room for dessert! Their OPUS Bar Mixologist Martin is amazing and made us some drinks which were super delish. They do a great Brunch on the weekends too!

We treated ourselves to in-room dining breakfast in the morning, which was really yummy. I also took a peek at the Business Centre (really modern with computers, printers etc., everything you need) and Gym (bright and well equipped with machines and weights, towels and water station).

Our stay at OPUS was amazing! I love the trendy, cosmopolitan, boutique feel of the place - amazing amenities and stellar staff! ….I have found my new ‘home away from home’!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This isn't a luxury hotel, but it's very nice and every member of the staff I met was extremely nice and friendly. The rooms are reasonably sized for an urban hotel. To form an efficient, pleasant room plan, the bathrooms are pushed to the exterior wall. To get daylight into the room, the exterior wall is wrapped in glass. This creates some interesting opportunities, but if you're modest just pull the window blind.
The lobby is a nice room with pleasant views to the street. I only have one criticism of this place - the finishes and furniture in the lobby are a little tired and dated. It's ready for a freshening up.
Finally - I was truly impressed by the friendliness of the staff. They're a very helpful group that made my stay in Vancouver more pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Raleighfuji,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at OPUS, and for then sending along your notes from your recent stay with us.Your comments surrounding the staff and just how impressed you were with their service, were wonderful to read! We are happy to pass along an update as well, that our lobby lounge area is undergoing a complete make over. We are very excited about the project, and will be rolling out the new lounge for our guests to enjoy near the end of this year! Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS.

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My travel agent booked the Opus per my request. I had read a lot of positive reviews on trip advisor and wanted to spend my last day in Canada and 40th birthday in a boutique hotel. I wish I had spent the first four days there because I'm sure I missed out on a lot of the perks this hotel provided.
When I checked in, the concierge greeted me a happy birthday which I didn't expect. I'm assuming my travel agent made a little notation during the reservation process. Nice touch! I felt special.
Upon entering my room, I was totally ecstatic to find a chocolate fudge brownie with a Happy Birthday sign and a personalized hand written note from the GM, thanking me for choosing to spend my birthday at their hotel. How awesome is that?
What a nice touch! Seriously. I had to keep the letter so I am reminded of how great this hotel treated me.
The room was very contemporary which I loved. They also provided an IPad with free internet that I could use at the hotel and take out while I tour the city. Again, AWESOME. There was also a fully stocked mini bar and convience bar ready for me to use.
My only regret is that I spent only one night there. The location is perfect for young adults. Lots of places to eat and shop. A great place to stay for sure. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting top notch service!

• Stayed: April 2014
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Cdisgr8,

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your birthday with OPUS and for then taking the time to send along your comments. We loved hearing how the team made you feel special, that is what it's all about! Thank you again for your support, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing, everything about this hotel was amazing. Staff were beyond helpful which was great as we had a few minor travel hiccups. The place is in a perfect central location, ideal for Rogers Stadium as well. Never stayed anywhere that smells so good either!!!
Only draw back was limited space to store luggage as we had a bit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spent a weekend at this amazing Hotel, Never left Yaletown, with all its fabulous day and nightlife. The staff, especially Nathan and Camilla so responsive to meet the needs of their guests, you can feel their passion. Recommend Suite 704 with its double soaker jetted tub. Everything one needs for a complete and luxurious stay has been thought of. Enjoyed Brunch at La Pergola. Will for certain be back again, to enjoy a hassle free comfortable and enjoyable stay at surely what has to be Vancouver's best Boutique Hotel.......

Room Tip: Suite 704.mmmmm
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is one of those hotel experiences that starts the moment you arrive at Vancouver Airport. Pick up your luggage then seamlessly get on the wonderful new Canada line Skytrain heading to Yaletown station. It's a short comfortable train ride and in about 20 minutes you are there in the heart of downtown Vancouver, in Yaletown filled with fantastic shops and some of the city's best restaurants. The hotel isn't even a block away from the station, you cross the street and you're there. It's a great relaxed lobby in a small scaled hotel. Check-in was a breeze, a warm welcome with a free drink. They have this kinda funky theme thing going on in the rooms, great subdued tones. The room felt very spacious for downtown Vancouver, a big comfortable bed, a wonderful soaker tub with separate shower and heated floors in the bath room. This place was very relaxing. It has nice touches with pitchers of water, and a unique treat with turndown service. Next time I am in Vancouver, this hotel will be top of my list.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business