“Great location”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Very accommodating. Great staff. Location was terrific. Directly across from subway station. You could go anywhere for almost next to nothing. Close to park, water ferry, great restaurants and nightlife.

Room Tip: I always sleep with earplugs so you should too as bars getting out at 2am were loud. Only drawback...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,326)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've spent several days at this hotel over the last 5 years on business and what keeps me coming back is their excellent customer service consistency. The staff are always warm and friendly and the ambience is great.

The Opus is located across the street from the Roundhouse train station in Yaletown and merely 30 mins from the airport (YVV) so not only is it in the ideal location, it's also conveniently located to the airport.

The last time I stayed here I do admit I was slightly miffed as my room wasn't ready at check in but the manager more than made up for the slight inconvenience by upgrading my room and penning a lovely note and adding some extra initiatives which was a wonderful gesture and obviously worked.

Its a beautiful hotel with great amenities including a gym. Its quiet and comfortable and the staff are extremely courteous. The rooms also come equipped with an Ipad and phone with great decor.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony is great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SOAP
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear SOAP,

Thank you very much for your on going support over the past 5 years! We were thrilled to read why you continue to return to OPUS, and will ensure that all of the staff see your feedback! Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I dont know how people say this place is old, rundown, grungy and moldy.
Are you sure you are reviewing the right hotel?
I LOVE the brightly colored rooms. A group of us from work stayed here after our Christmas party at the restaurant downstairs. Frankly it wasnt my taste but the rest seemed to enjoy it. The risoto was undercooked and had to be sent back, and pasta was undercooked, and the meat was so raw I could hear it mooing. BUT, this reivew is for the hotel not the restaurant :)
The staff is very attentive and helpful. I loved how the rooms have a giant window in the bathroom. Careful- everyone on the street can see in! Its in a great location to everything downtown. Across the street from a bus stop and the train. I was a little dissapointed with the breakfast options but it was ok. Coffee was good! Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to clients.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Booked the Opus due to its location to Yaletown. for anyone looking for a great hotel in the social area of Vancouver, then this is it!

After two stays, I am happy to recommend this place.

Rooms are funky type of design with plenty of space, Comfortable King Bed and ba bathroom the looks onto the bedroom which is pretty cool.

Ipads connected to the Wifi and Samsung Galaxy phones for your local calls in Vancouver make everything so much more convenient.

The Hotel also has free bicycles so that you can tour the seawall/ Kitsilano/ Stanley Park or the rest of the city. We used the bike for the day and loved it.

Downstairs breakfast was great, and the bar/ restaurant a happening place in the afternoons

There are so many great restaurants and bars within a short walk of the hotel.

I am happy to recommend this hotel.

One Hint - get a front room rather than one on the side, a little more privacy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the main street, the side rooms seem too close to the building next door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear richbassett,

Thank you very much for choosing to come back to stay with us and for then taking the time to send along your comments. We're glad to hear you took advantage of our complimentary cruiser bikes to explore the city, and hope the weather cooperated! It sounded like you had an amazing experience while in Vancouver, and we're glad that we were able to be a part of it! Thank you again for your support, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I always enjoy my stay at the opus. The chic environment and discreet surroundings make it a must stay each time I visit vancouver. I would not hesitate to recommend this to any of my friends or business associates.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bigtime500
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Despite my decided lack of coolness, this place was excellent. Quiet, comfortable with superb service. They upgraded us to a king room with no charge after I realized I'd accidentally booked a queen bed on Expedia. The hotel restaurant was very good for breakfast. The only downside was the only window in the room was a panoramic panel in the bathroom. There was a screen that could be drawn to let light in, but prevent people seeing in, but it was odd. Parking by valet, central to great restaurants and attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Third time staying here. Great staff, beautiful rooms, and an outstanding location. Was upgraded to an executive suite on this visit, which made it even more enjoyable, although the non-suite rooms I have stayed in have always been great as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear JoshTidsbury

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your OPUS experience. We truly appreciate your support, and will look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th stay with us in the near future!