“Modern Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
“Modern Hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I really appreciated how when we arrived, the first thing we were offered was a glass of sparkling wine or juice. The check in and out was impressively quick and the staff was friendly. The room was colourful, spacious and clean. In the showers they didn't have the awkward soap bottles, instead they had pumps mounted on the wall with fantastic shampoos and conditioner. The room had a guest i-pad to use and the hotel offered bikes to borrow to cruse around town. The location was fantastic, we loved our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Angela C,
Thanks for choosing OPUS Hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We recently started carrying Malin & Goetz products in our washrooms and have received great feedback from our guests. I am delighted you enjoyed them. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Vancouver!

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Comox, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Mother-in-law wins contest - invites us along. Sounds like a comedy plot but, in truth, from the connections from Vancouver Island via Harbour Air to the hotel welcome, local directions and departure - it couldn't have been better. Well, perhaps the pullout bed could have a thicker mattress - but I digress. Welcomed with sparkling wine as we waited briefly for our room - lovely corner suite - the outstanding service continued throughout our visit. Late night bar service was very accommodating, directions to a local late breakfast restaurant gladly given and what a great location in Yaletown!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Glen Rock, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Staff was excellent and extremely helpful. The rooms were great as was the location, an easy walk from Gastown, Stanley Park, and across the street from the train for travel to farther neighborhoods. The iPad and Galaxy phones were at first a nice perk, but then great to have while traveling around during the day as we were from the US and didn't have phones or gps while walking / driving around.

I would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Elwood3386,
Thanks for staying at OPUS Hotel on your recent trip to Vancouver! I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our in-room Samsung Galaxy and iPad. I know travelling in a foreign country can make using your own smart phone difficult so I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary data plan! Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Vancouver.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I arrived and didn't like the original room I had been given. I asked if I could have the room I had during my last stay. The front desk came with me to show me my old room as well as another option that i may enjoy. In the end I got my old room back and there was no fuss, no hassle. I won't stay anywhere else. Thank you Opus...you Rock!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Oldmeldrum, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great hotel near the centre of Vancouver. My husband and I got Engaged there in 2009 and have been visiting every so often since. The service if friendly and helpful. Great restaurant . The room was amazing, fantastic location. We will always stay at the Opus when visiting Vancouver. By far one of the best Hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Cool, contemporary design, outstanding helpful staff coupled with a great restaurant. Location is in the heart of Yaletown and walking distance (good walk!) to Gastown and easy access to the Granville and Burrard bridges. Will definitely stay here again.

Dear Romanophile,
Thanks for your kinds words! I am pleased to read you found our staff "outstanding" and "helpful." I will ensure the whole team receives your feedback. We are very lucky to be located in Yaletown within walking distance of some any great restaurants and attractions. I am glad you found it convenient as well! Thanks again and we hope to see you back at OPUS soon.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Greeted by friendly (cute) doorman and offered sparkling wine or bottled water at the Concierge desk. Easy check in, and funky cool lobby with whimsical touches. Each room has a "theme." There is an iPad (and cellular phone in some rooms) that is loaded with song lists, and information about local venues for you to use while at the hotel but also out and about. The hotel also offers bike you can take to ride around town. Very customer service oriented. My room was very comfortable, and I slept well. The bath products are amazing. The location is perfect for walking about. My overall experience here was very good. I also enjoyed breakfast in the lobby, and there is a DJ during the evening- fun and lively.

Room Tip: My room was 314, not a great view, but it was very quiet and super comfortable. Some rooms have lar...