“Modern, comfortable and a truly patient and friendly staff... really excellent.”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 8 July 2009

In addition to the modern, pleasing and comfortable facilities we were struck by the friendly attitude and positive enthusiasm of all the associates we interacted with. From the cleaning ladies we ran into in the halls to the folks at the bar or at breakfast, from Cassidy -- who took us to a couple of places -- to Rodney and Patrick at the desk, in everyone we found remarkable enthusiasm, friendly initiative, authentic desire to be helpful. Patrick in particular, contributed some excellent advice that made our brief stay in Vancouver a forerunner of future more leisurely visits! Hard to find this sort of place... even in Canada......

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed 8 July 2009

Went to Opus for a sexy weekend and couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay. The suite was very sexy and comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and lovely with what is probably the best shower I've ever experienced (and I stay at a lot of hotels) and the atmosphere throughout the hotel is chic. The cocktails in the hotel bar are fantastic (especially the Asian Pear Martini) and the restaurant, Elixer, is superb. Great downtown location, you can walk everywhere and its close to the water. I can't wait to go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I stayed at the Opus Hotel whilst visiting my sister in Vancouver. The Opus was in the perfect location, in the heart of Yaletown with an array of lively and buzzing bars and restaurants on the door step. My stay was split into two (with a visit to Whistler in between) so I was lucky enough to experience two different rooms, both fabulously designed but with very distinctive styles - my favourite was the 'blue room' with a glass panel between the luxurious marble bathroom and the bedroom. I could therefore sink into a bubble bath and look through into the main suite and watch my favourite programmes on the flat screen TV.

What really made my stay at the Opus so perfect was the warmth and hospitality I received from the staff and the attention to detail / special touches. As well a room clean each morning, when I returned in the evening I found my bed had been turned down, soft music playing (a selection of CDs available in the room), chocolates on my pillow and mineral water on my bedside table. Staff were extremely helpful in printing off maps and noting down bus numbers that would get me around town to visit local attractions. They also provided a bicycle so I could go on a cycle ride by the sea and enjoy the parks. A truly great stay, would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Whenever I stay in Vancouver, I always stay at the Opus hotel. With an incredibly welcoming atmosphere and staff, I feel right at home even though I am away. I travel on business a lot and it is easy to say that this hotel surpasses the competition in its style and value. Their price is worth the extremely comfortable and spacious rooms, tastefully decorated and conveniently comfortable. The beds are really cozy and are a huge plus to this hotel. I cannot stay in a hotel with an unacceptable bed and this establishment ensures that my ZZZZZZ's are easy to achieve. The bright and spacious bathrooms are equipped with amazing showers (something I value extensively) and are gorgeous. The bathroom even looks over the street, which also provides quiet nights as the bedrooms are insulated. A unique combination of modern and eclectic, this hotel couldn't be more rock and roll, which adds a third dimension to a Vancouver experience. Location is ideal, centrally located in the coolest neighbourhood in the city. It is right near the breathtaking Vancouver harbour.
Overall, this hotel is a fantastic choice. Combining value, comfort and lots of cool, I couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2009

The Opus hotel is a superb hotel right in the heart of Yaletown. I enjoyed the close proximity to the seawall and all the restaurants in the area. I would love to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I have stayed at Opus a number of times and have always found the service and staff to be simply exceptional. The advantages of a small hotel are numerous, the staff greet you as you walk in and are always at your service and it just feels cozier than the larger hotels. The rooms are far from standard fare, offering very interesting layouts and services. Most of the ones I’ve stayed in had large bathrooms with separate glass showers, some have had fireplaces. The TVs are all new and work well (a simple thing that never fails to annoy me if they don't work), and the provided amenities are first rate. All the rooms have had a nice desk and much apprecaited office chair for working at.

The Elixir restaurant is fantastic; especially their French take on breakfast and room service is always quick and accommodating. I travel a fair amount and the quality of food in some high-end hotels room service is lacking at times, this has never been the case at Opus. Opus also offers a very convenient car service, a black 7-series BMW will take you to a restaurant or play in downtown Vancouver, and you arrive thinking you're a much bigger VIP than you might actually be.

Opus Hotel is located in Yale town, a newly renovated neighborhood in Downtown Vancouver comprised of great restaurants and small boutique shops but also close to all of downtown. It’s also close to the False Creek sea wall, a nice place to walk off the days’ stress.

As I said, I've stayed at Opus Hotel a number of times and keep going back because of the service. It’s my favorite of all the hotels in downtown Vancouver and I’ve stayed at most of major ones. I would heartily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I travelled to Vancouver about 2 weeks ago to visit my sister and get my urban fix. Thought we'd stay in a hotel for a night to endulge in some luxury even though she lives there. Had always heard good things about the Opus but hadn't stayed there before...

I was travelling solo, took a cab from the airport and was at the hotel in about 25 minutes. By the time I paid the cab, the attendant had already taken my bag to the front desk. I was impressed. Checked in at the front desk, was told my sister had already checked in was waiting in the lobby bar. The attendant took my bag up to the room and I met my sister in the lobby bar.

Room:

Room had a cool vibe, not the usual hotel decor. Modern, lots of dark wood, white, and chrome. Room was small but roomy enough. Had enough closet space to hang clothes. One wall was windows with a small balcony. The bed was very comfortable especially since they didn't have the usual huge cheap pillows which kill my neck. Quality sheets and duvet. Bathroom was modern and roomy, L'Occitane products were another plus. the glass shower with a sheer curtain was cool. If I was there with my husband, it would of totally rocked. You can pull back the curtain and view the person showering from the bed, interesting, maybe not so much with my sis, but not a big deal. Had turn down service before we left for dinner. Had a great sleep and was amazed how quiet it was, especially since it's right downtown (we were on the 7th, top floor).
FYI: Room also comes with 2 ipod docking stations, so don't need to bring your ipod speakers.

Business Centre:

I had to use the business centre during my stay, on Saturday before check-out, since I was doing a distance education course, something was due. Bus. centre is on the 2nd floor, which I liked. Not placed in the lobby in a small room. Card entry was required, room was large, with 2 spacious desks. Room was even equipped with printers. No password was required, so it was very comfortable just like I was at home, which is important I think when you want to deal with your work/school responsibilities and get back to your vacation.

Service:

We were impressed by the service, it was professional and extremely efficient. We had to call down twice during our stay. Once, we requested more coffee (house brand is starbucks) which was brought up to our room in about 2 seconds it seemed. Second time my sis was wondering if they had morning paper service and was then asked which one she would prefer out of three choices, nice!

Best things about the hotel are it doesn't feel like a hotel (small size), decor, service, and location.

Area:

Lots of cool boutiques, restaurants, and bars in the area all within walking distance of hotel. Sea wall is about 2 blocks away which is also an awesome perk.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo