“The Best in the West!”

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“The Best in the West!”
Reviewed 21 June 2005

My first stay in this hotel was Valentines Day 2003 with my husband (who was then my "significant other"!) I felt like I was at club med in my own city! It was obvious the layout of the room was well thought out for the romantic, the travelling business person or the person travelling for pleasure. The soaker tub and/or rain shower head that you can indulge yourself in l'occitane products. You can get some wonderful rest on their comfy beds with fine linens, go downstairs for a delicious meal at the Elixir (which turns into one of Vancouver hot spots at night!) or just step out the door and you are in beautiful Yaletown. My husband and I stayed at the OPUS on our wedding night in 2003 (and the next night) and we had one of the garden terrace rooms. I private dinner for us was set up in the zen garden which was amazing. We have been back for our anniversary in 2004 and we are due to return July 18, 2005 for our 2nd anniversay. Each time we have stayed the service is professional, courteous and friendly. There is rarely a need or want that they will not make an effort to satifsy above your expectations. Thank you to all the staff at OPUS it is you that keep us coming back and recommending you to our friends and family.

• Stayed July 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
chicago
Reviewed 4 June 2005

I had read very good reviews of the Opus, and the hotel definitely lived up to expectations. The service was as good as any Four Seasons I've ever stayed in, even though the people at the front desk are responsible for not just check-in, but concierge duties as well, not to mention taking room service orders. They are incredibly cheerful and very helpful, very adept at making great suggestions for day trips or restaurants based on what we were looking for. We had an excellent room--splurged on a Deluxe Courtyard, with a push-button fireplace, which came in handy to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday. They even had a bottle of wine and chocolates in the room when we arrived. It's right in Yaletown, blocks away from most of the hippest restaurants in town and great trendy shopping, and blocks from the water/aquabus station. It's an example of what an excellent small hotel can be.

7 Thank cubbyboy1991
Reviewed 27 May 2005

Went to the Opus for a bachelor party weekend. The service at the Opus is fantastic and all the staff were great. We had an executive suite which was plenty big on the corner of the hotel (the regular rooms were of okay size). The bed was very comfy and all the amenities in the room were what you would expect of a high end hotel. The only negative for some people would be that the room could get a little noisy from the street traffic (we were on the 3rd floor). The bar downstairs was great - not as crowded as I would have thought, but a good time. All the other bars in Yaletown were only 4 blocks away and easily walkable. The hotel has an S430 that will take you whereever you want - you should definitely request it if its available and just tip the driver. If you are up there for the strip clubs, screw Brandi's and go to No. 5 Orange instead - very very good times. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Irvine, CA
Reviewed 12 April 2005

Well where do I begin. The lobby was small but welcoming. A hip bar and local hangout to the right. You gotta check out the bathroom too.... kind of a unique setup..... just go see for yourself.

Now for the room. I was on the 7th floor facing a group of apartments across the way. My room was very clean and well appointed. The best part was the shower. It had a full glass wall facing the bedroom. In the bedroom was a curtain that covered this window/wall to the shower basicallly right next to the bed. Leave the rest up to your imagination as to how this can apply to you.

Looking out the main window to the adjacent apartments, especially when dark, will give another interestesting visual experience. Many of apartment's bathrooms have shower walls that are merely frosted floor to ceiling windows that face the hotel. Not much more to explain beyond than that.

I am beginning to wonder what it is about Vancouver and showers..... hmmmm

The hotel is located in a great area of town. A little bit of walking and you will have some great food and shopping at your disposal.

Vancouver is a great place and unlike many cities. The Opus enhances this experience. I was told from others in my party that all the rooms were NOT like mine. In fact, everyone came over to mine just to see I wasn't pulling their legs.

Just in case you are wondering..... and I am sure that you are.... my room number was 730. Any questions contact me.... I'll be happy to help.

Have fun!

• Stayed September 2004, travelled on business
9 Thank Troy S
Reviewed 1 April 2005

I just spent an unforgettable evening at the Opus hotel in my very own hometown, beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. The Opus is a beautiful, boutiuque located in the heart of Yaletown - the newest and trendiest neighbourhood in Vancouver. It's surrounded by the city's busiest and best restaurants, cafes, and hip retail stores - all within walking distance. The hotel itself manages to strike a balance perfectly betwen minimalist and modern with all the oppulent luxuries you'd expect from a boutique hotel. Our room (a gorgeous suite on the top floor) had a bathroom you could live in - with heated marble tiles, a granite and wood vanity, a rainfall showerhead, and luxurious soaker tub! The amenities were incredible and expansive - from L'Occitane soaps and creams, to Oxia Oxygen. However, it was the little touches that impressed us both - when we came back from dinner the lights in our room were dimmed, the bed was turned down with Beligian chocolates placed on the pillows, and soft music playing. I can't recall the last time I had such an incredible evening! I would can't say enough about the wonderful experience at the Opus and would highly recommend it to tourists and locals alike looking for an escape in the city.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 25 March 2005

This is the hippest hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are chic and stylish, so are the people that you meet at this hotel. The bathroom in my room was gorgeous and when you stepped into the shower, it had a window to the room that made it very sexy. Big windows brought in lots of sunlight in the room, and even to the bathroom that was at the other end of the room. The bed was very comfortable, and I had one of my best sleeps there. The rooms are spotless! We went out during the evening and when we returned our beds were turned and they had chocolates on our pillows...so sweet!
The lounge downstairs is a very hip hang out and they have amazing martinis. I try to stay at Opus every chance I get when I go to Vancouver and have never been disapointed with my room or the service I have received.
Oh, and they have free shoe shining while you sleep and umbrellas to loan for when the weather turns on you.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank Cedre
Reviewed 13 March 2005

I was in Vancouver for a business trip and had took the opportunity to stay at the Opus. There has been a lot of recent positive publicity from the Air Canada En Route magazines and local news media. I decided to see what this place was all about. It is about a $25.00 taxi ride from the Vancouver Airport. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly doorman, who helped with our bags. The check-in process was quick and friendly. My room was a bright colourful blue. Very modern decor. Not like the old Victorian style that you see in other high class hotels. Keep in mind that the rooms are small, REAL SMALL. I'm sure they have bigger rooms, but you'll have to fork out the cash. It does not seem like a hotel you would bring children to(I didn't see any either). The bed was heavenly with soft clean linens and duvet. The bathroom was nice with a waterfall type showerhead. Not one of the water conserving ones you see in most hotels. Wonderful bath products. The in room safe wasn't working but one of the staff members quickly attended and remedied the problem. There is lots of stuff to see and do in the nearby area. Not too far from the downtown area. Had one of the best sleeps in months. Requested a wake up call in the morning. This was the first time I had a real person call and wish me good morning instead of an automated machine. For business travellers, this is the place to go. I will definitely keep this place on my favorites list.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business