“Great Location, Cool spot and Excellent Service”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Our stay at the Opus was great. We loved our room and the BED! Excellent location for our girls night out - we shopped and dined in Yaletown - which is where you want to be.
We had breakfast at Elixir (the french bistro in the hotel) and it was perfect. I will definitely return - perhaps try out the gym next time I go!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2009

Just got home from a 1 night stay at the Opus for my 2nd time. This is the first time i've left a review. I read a couple of reviews about construction in the neighborhood and i was concerned initially, the first time i stayed there wasn't any going on, quite a few years ago. I called the hotel to check and was advised that work was mostly finished. When we arrived there was no sign of construction however it was late. The next day i could see on the next block that there was some road work going on but certainly nothing that bothered me in any way. It appeared that there was just some new street lights being put up. Big deal! Otherwise we had a great time at the hotel. There was Canada Day festivities including a parade at the waterfront near Canada Place which was awesome. The hotel and staff were great. I stayed in a suite that had 2 beds, 1 was a fold out sofa bed that my daughter slept on. The hotel had a gym, business center, restaurant and room service. I would, and have recommended to my friends. The Opus delivered for me twice now. This hotel is different from other hotels i stayed at. It has it's own personality. The staff are real people that don't talk to you like they are robots or more importantly, like people who are just doing a job. They really seem to enjoy what they are doing. Refreshing actually. Enough said.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Z_R_2012
Reviewed 16 July 2009

A recent stay at the Opus was very pleasant not least because we were given a complimentary upgrade on arrival.
Good hotel with an interesting location and very helpful staff ( even at 6am when one is leaviing to catch an early flight).
Very good Thai restaurant across the road where we got a great window table at short notice!

Reviewed 14 July 2009

This hotel was the exact thing to make an incredible vacation even better. The staff was incredibly friendly and went out of there way to be as helpful as possible. From the moment we arrived in the cab, everyone was extremely helpful and friendly and made every effort to make us feel welcome. The room was very modern with the most amazing shower and bathroom I have ever been in. I would book with Opus again everytime I go back to Vancouver.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2009

In addition to the modern, pleasing and comfortable facilities we were struck by the friendly attitude and positive enthusiasm of all the associates we interacted with. From the cleaning ladies we ran into in the halls to the folks at the bar or at breakfast, from Cassidy -- who took us to a couple of places -- to Rodney and Patrick at the desk, in everyone we found remarkable enthusiasm, friendly initiative, authentic desire to be helpful. Patrick in particular, contributed some excellent advice that made our brief stay in Vancouver a forerunner of future more leisurely visits! Hard to find this sort of place... even in Canada......

Reviewed 8 July 2009

Went to Opus for a sexy weekend and couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay. The suite was very sexy and comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and lovely with what is probably the best shower I've ever experienced (and I stay at a lot of hotels) and the atmosphere throughout the hotel is chic. The cocktails in the hotel bar are fantastic (especially the Asian Pear Martini) and the restaurant, Elixer, is superb. Great downtown location, you can walk everywhere and its close to the water. I can't wait to go back there again.

Reviewed 5 July 2009

I stayed at the Opus Hotel whilst visiting my sister in Vancouver. The Opus was in the perfect location, in the heart of Yaletown with an array of lively and buzzing bars and restaurants on the door step. My stay was split into two (with a visit to Whistler in between) so I was lucky enough to experience two different rooms, both fabulously designed but with very distinctive styles - my favourite was the 'blue room' with a glass panel between the luxurious marble bathroom and the bedroom. I could therefore sink into a bubble bath and look through into the main suite and watch my favourite programmes on the flat screen TV.

What really made my stay at the Opus so perfect was the warmth and hospitality I received from the staff and the attention to detail / special touches. As well a room clean each morning, when I returned in the evening I found my bed had been turned down, soft music playing (a selection of CDs available in the room), chocolates on my pillow and mineral water on my bedside table. Staff were extremely helpful in printing off maps and noting down bus numbers that would get me around town to visit local attractions. They also provided a bicycle so I could go on a cycle ride by the sea and enjoy the parks. A truly great stay, would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo