“Always have a special place in my heart”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My (now) husband and I love the Opus. We ended up staying there randomly one night when we were still dating and that's where he proposed to me. We had so much fun and didn't want to date to end so we stayed there all weekend even though we both live in Vancouver. Since then we've had a few birthdays and anniversaries there and we're never disappointed. The service is great, it's central to all the Vancouver hot spots, and you get good value for your room with the price you pay. The room service food menu isn't the greatest (and neither is the food), but they have the funky Elixir bar downstairs. Would totally recommend it to anyone *tip: pay the extra $30 to upgrade from the standard room. The room is much bigger and you get the heated tiles in the bathroom. Room 301 also has a fireplace in the room as well as a private patio/garden area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank annabellyeo

Reviewed 27 July 2010

Catching the sky train from the airport, I couldn't believe that the hotel was so close to the Yaletown stop; 22 paces is not an exaggeration.

Checking-in was flawless and quick, the staff very courteous. I was greeted with a choice of orange juice, champagne or water. What a great start!

The room was light, airy, clean and tidy, again I was greeted with a note and a small gift. All of these small touches really make the difference!

During the stay, the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. Just ask them anything about the hotel or area, they will assist you as best they can. My waiter for my first breakfast presented me with a map complete with handwritten areas of interest completely out of the blue. What more can you ask for!? Oh by the way, the west coast eggs benedict is highly recommended.

By the time I went to check out (also flawless and quick) I really didn't want to leave. I'll be back in Vancouver asap and if I need a hotel, this is where I will stay, the location is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank scongdon
Reviewed 27 July 2010

If you want a stylish boutique hotel with a comfortable residential feel and all the amenities you would expect from a Four Seasons this is the place for you. On top of that the staff there have that naturally friendly attitude you find in Canada. Opus is located in a trendy neighborhood in downtown Vancouver, close to the water, bicycle and jogging paths. And best of all right next to the subway station which gets you to the airport in 20 minutes. Lots of restaurants and bars right all around. Nice gym. And get this they still give turndown. Also they have a complimentary BMW car service for trips downtown. Heated bathroom floors & L'Occitane bathroom products. I booked on their website and got a good rate that included free internet and free local calls.. I really appreciated the size of the hotel. at 100 rooms, you get awesome service and they remember your name.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank David C
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Opus surpassed my expectations - while in Vancouver on business I picked this hotel for its proximity to downtown and also to the commuter train station (which was just across the street). From the moment I arrived I was greeted by friendly staff with outstanding footwear (they wear a special edition of Fluevog shoes - ask them about it, they're snazzy) and was offered a choice of champagne or mineral water or ... I forget what the other choice was because I was delighted to be offered champagne while dealing with the check-in process. The evening turn-down service features fab stuff like Pez or similar fun candy instead of your run-of-the-mill chocolate.

The furnishings in the room are super comfortable and good quality, with the interior decorated in bright, funky colours instead of the usual white or beige of many establishments.

I was dining out with colleagues so I didn't have the opportunity to try the restaurant or bar but they looked inviting and I would definitely stay here on my next trip to SuperNatural BC. They've spoiled me for other hotels because now I'll always expect champagne upon my arrival.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank nimpkish
Reviewed 19 July 2010

On my recent business trip to Vancouver I was booked into the OPUS hotel for my overnight stay. The room, service, fitness room and cleanliness exceeded my expectation. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly and asked if I'd like water, juice or champagne. From there I went up to my room and was thrilled to hear soft music playing and my bed already turned down. I left my bag and took a short walk to the end of the road and along the False Creek Seawall...complete with a beautiful sunset and ocean.

I had two amazing meals at the restaurant - one in the restaurant and one in my room. Both were fresh and presented beautifully, in addition the service was excellent!! There are tons of restaurants in the area though if you want to try something else.

I also rented a meeting room for the afternoon, which was also prepared and ready to go, complete with note pads and water.

All in all - highly recommend this hotel and I hope to stay there on my next trip to Vancouver.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank deb_peterson54
Reviewed 16 July 2010

first visit to vancouver. we stayed for two nights, left most of our bags while we took an overnight trip, came back for two more nights - got our same room back, completely seamless. great location near shopping, restaurants, water taxi, bike rentals. staff very knowledgeable & helpful. rooms very comfortable and well designed. only caveat - some room colors more soothing than others.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bghm
Reviewed 16 July 2010

1st impression: great location and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Easy to walk to a number of cafe/bar/dining locations, and a waterfront walk, and the train to airport. Very clean and quiet, comfy room. Highly recommended and would return. Very good breakfast in restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple