“The perfect boutique hotel experience.”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, Canada
“The perfect boutique hotel experience.”
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The expectation at a boutique hotel is that the experience feels intimate and personal. At Opus, the facility is excellent; and the staff is quite exceptional. I really felt I was being given personal attention, and advice, when requested, was invariably first rate. I travel the world extensively, and Opus provides the closest I have come to finding a "home from home".
I cannot recommend it too highly.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This hotel had great service day and night. Even the housekeepers would take a second to say hello and smile. The turn down service was appreciated and housekeeping standards were excellent.
The only downside I found was the parking which is of course a premium for anyone with this fantastic of a location. Although valet parking was available at all times I sometimes needed more access to my vehicle (which is more like a portable office) then I was comfortable bugging them for. If you are here for pleasure you really don't even need a vehicle.
Overall it was fantastic and I would definitely recommend!

florence
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Amazing boutique hotel, greatlocation, very helpful staff and incredible party place (which does not help to sleep...). The price I paid was really reasonable, probably one of the best price/quality ratio I have ever had.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2010

The Opus consistently provides exceptional service and facilities. I use it for both personal and business travel.

Cupertino, California
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The service was really wonderful--the staff was very helpful and friendly. All of my requests were met. I'd definitely stay again.

San Francisco
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I've stayed a few times at the Opus now while on business in Vancouver and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. I know, that sounds like a cliché, but it's true. Same goes for my ratings - I'm not handing out five stars easily, trust me. I've had my share of not so great hotel experiences.

To the Opus: aside from its great location in Yaletown and close enough to Downtown Vancouver, I can't praise the friendliness and helpfulness of its staff enough. Everybody I've had the pleasure of meeting there is constantly creating an atmosphere that is giving New York's Mercer, Tribeca Grand and Hudson hotels a run for their money. The Opus staff doesn't carry the "You should be thankful that you can stay at our hotel" attitude but instead is abundantly inviting and friendly.

The rooms are quiet, stylish and comfortable and even have color schemes to chose from. The only color scheme that's not so cool is the latest incarnation of the hotel bar/breakfast area. Now getting remodeled every 100 days and named accordingly, the space looks like a youth center in the 70s and 80s, graffiti, empty spraycans and folding chairs included. But the next iteration is coming soon, so there's some hope left.

All in all, I can't imagine staying anywhere else during my trips to Vancouver. Or Montreal, of course - although the Opus Vancouver has a definitive edge against its East Coast sibling.

Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Opus Hotel in Vancouver, BC and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. In addition to a fantastic location in Yaletown, the rooms were beautifully designed, the beds were very comfortable, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively. But, what really made our stay at the Opus even better was the first class customer service. Everyone at the front desk and in the restaurant were friendly, courteous, and helpful. Not only were they professional but we could tell they enjoyed their jobs. The Opus Hotel staff are a shinning example of what top level customer service should look like and why I will be back to the Opus whenever I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple