“Not cheap but excellent arena for NHL”
Review of Rogers Arena

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Anaheim, CA
159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 286 helpful votes
“Not cheap but excellent arena for NHL”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've been to all but 7 NHL arenas, and this ranks one of the nicest ones. Sadly, my own team's arena is the lamest, but that's another review.

Located next door to a Costco is Rogers Arena. Since my last visit (before the Olympics) they've upgraded the arena. For one thing, the prices shot up! I remembered paying less than $100 back when it was GM Place, and my tickets for section 121 came to $190 (my group rate with the taxes). Holy moly!

Well, aside from the sticker shock, the arena is very nice. There's a good variety of food, and the view from 121 was excellent. I liked the opening sequence of the pre game show, and the LED lights were amazing. I wish my arena had those... and a nicer jumbo tron.

The Canucks fans were not happy my Ducks were beating them, and started making lude gestures. Classy, right? (Not).

The ushers, called "Hosts" were nice. Many fans and ushers came to us, asking if we were really from Anaheim. We politely said "Yes".

Well at the end, my Ducks beat the Canucks, 5-1, and as we were heckled, all I could say to the fans was "See you at Playoffs". Oh wait. The Canucks aren't in post season.

Oops

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“First Ice Hockey game.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Such a nice place. A lot bigger inside. Staff were really helpful and so kind. The atmosphere at the game was so good, helped that the Canucks won!
Drinks were quite expensive, but no different to any other sporting arena.
Was really busy getting out of the stadium, but that's to be expected.

I really enjoyed myself. :)

Visited March 2014
Comox, Canada
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Behind the scenes”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Fun tour and cheap - $12. Lasted about an hour and got to see restaurants, media area, broadcast facilities and visitors dressing room. Unfortunately did not get to see Canucks facility. Overall well worth an hour of your time.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great Arena, Good Tour”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have both attended a hockey game at Rogers Arena and also went on the Arena Tour in January. The atmosphere for games is outstanding. We have been there for a weeknight game against Phoenix (12-13 season) and a Saturday night Hockey Night in Canada game against Chicago (13-14 season). Both times the atmosphere has been great. The Canucks are 0-2, however, so we may be asked to stop coming to games.

In January we took the Arena Tour. It was good to see all the areas of Rogers Arena that we see from our seats but do not have access to during a game, such as the premium seating and lounges. We got to see a little of the Canucks morning skate as it was a game day. I was a little disappointed we didn't get to go underneath to the locker room are, but this may or may not have had to do with it being a game day.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit but atmosphere can be lacking”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I am a big hockey fan so whenever I have the chance I try and get to a game at Rogers Arena.

That being said, I do not find the atmosphere at games to be great in comparison to other sporting events and locations. I have been to playoffs and the atmosphere was great, but for an everyday game it will be relatively low key.

As a collective group the fans at Rogers rarely make noise and often resort to the mexican wave, which I find to be the lowest form of support.

Certainly if you are in from out of town or have not seen hockey before, I definitely recommend going for a game.

Visited October 2013