“Great Service”

Luke's Corner Bar and Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Description: Luke's is South Granville one of a kind. A casual and friendly neighbourhood restaurant and corner bar in the swanky South Granville shopping and fashion area featuring fresh, local and natural food and beverages served with upscale touches. We specialize in seasonal offerings with fresh fish a favourite. Our famous burgers are made from premium B.C. grass fed beef. We have a fantastic selection of local draft beer and premium B.C. wines. We are open lunch, dinner and late night and for weekend and holiday brunch. At Luke's "You're Welcome Here"
Chapala, Mexico
“Great Service”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This spot is handy to the Stanley Theater. And if you are attending a play at the theater, Luke's offer you a 15% discount. The service is excellent. The food is good but not outstanding. Try the fish and chips or cheese omelet. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank elpavorealblanco

Coquitlam, Canada
“Good place for lunch on south Granville.”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I recently had lunch here with two girlfriends and I was pleased with the food and the service. The lunch menu isn't extensive or "exotic", but I think the quality of the food more then makes up for the lack of quantity in food choices. Most important to me was that there was gluten free options! I ordered a burger and was able to get a gluten free bun, and the bun tasted really good. I also had the yam fries with it, which we're also very flavorful.

My girlfriends both had the Diane's choice salad and if I hadn't been craving a burger I would have ordered this. It was a very substantial amount and looked quite tasty.

I can't comment on the alcohol choices as I don't tend to drink, but I did order a virgin mojito that contained mint they had grown themselves and it was one of the best I have had. Overall I would definitely return here for lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Uh....not bad....nothing special”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

From the moment we entered Luke's Corner Bar and Kitchen, I just kept getting the feeling that I had seen and heard everything in the restaurant at some place before. That is to say, there is little - if anything - original about this eatery, which is kind of ironic given how hard the operators seem to have tried to make this place hip. If you do elect to eat at Luke's, go on an evening when the weather is pleasant, and get a table outside on the patio.

In terms of ambience and decor, Luke's manages a mish-mash of standard sports bar, Earl's and a fine dining. The attempt to be everything at once does not quite work: if you want to watch a game on one of the big screen TV's, do not plan on hearing much of the play-by-play, as it will be drowned out by the music; the tasteful woody decor inside would be very conducive to a romantic dinner out, but you and your date would both need to be blind and deaf to overcome the barrage of visual and aural stimuli going on about you. (see above about eating on the patio - it can be very nice if the weather is good).

The service is very good. Our waiter was prompt and attentive, and managed to be friendly without taking it seem that he wanted to be one of the family. No complaints on this point at all.

The food is another matter. One can forgive almost any deficiency in a restaurant if the food is outstanding, but this would not describe Luke's. The meal we had at Luke's was not bad, but just very ordinary. There was really nothing on the menu that I had not seen (and in most cases tried) at numerous other restaurants in numerous other cities. The offerings are standard items - a quesadilla appetizer, tuna poke served on avocado and mango, fish and chips, a baseball steak are a few of the items and everything is presented well enough. The tuna was decent, if not spectacular, but I will take issue with the lobster ravioli. This last item was cooked properly, but the ravioli stuffing was utterly bland and a bit soggy. The sauce on the ravioli was over spiced, and the most distinct flavour of the entire dish was the bits of arugula on top.

I will say this for the drinks menu: if you are a gin drinker, they offer both Victoria and Hendricks gins which was a welcome change from most Vancouver restaurants where gin choices are often limited to Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire and Beefeater.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WDTVancouver_Canada
Queensville, Ontario
“Lunch with my friend”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Luke's is just around the corner from my friend and we stopped here for a quick lunch. An interesting menu and an interesting wine list made it hard to choose. Everything we had was great. This restaurant is in the South Granville shopping district so lots of shopping in the area if you come this way. It often get missed as visitors tend to stay down town or near the airport. However, you can even walk to Granville Island from here should you wish. Try it sometime when in Vancouver next.

Visited June 2013
Geelong, Australia
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

You can often pick a place by the look of and number of people in it. Would you walk into a place which looked dim and had nobody in it?
Luke's was buzzy, his house white was lovely, his lobster ravioli was fantastic, and the service was great.

Visited June 2013