“What a great way to start off the new year!”

Auberge Vancouver Hotel
Ranked #39 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“What a great way to start off the new year!”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I wanted to start 2011 off right.. After an amazing night of New Years Eve celebrating I was looking to spend the first day of 2011 being pampered in a luxurious hotel with a great view, delicious food and a knowledgeable staff. I chose the right hotel! The Terminal City Club Hotel was perfect. Central location, gorgeous decor in the room and the view of the water and mountains put my hung over mind at ease :)

I highly recommended this hotel.

Cheers.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I have previously stayed at the Terminal City Club on several occasions and enjoyed the hotel. Unfortunately, my most recent stay was terrible, and it will be my last visit to that hotel.

My family stayed for 4 days at the beginning of January 2011. The hotel was understaffed for the holidays, and should probably have been closed. We paid full price despite the hotel appearing to be on skeleton staff, and were not told that there would be any service difficulties when we booked.

There was no parking attendant, so while paying $25 per day for parking, guests were required to phone the front desk, then wait on the street while someone was sent to open the parkade security gate to enter.

Despite being expensive, the restaurant was a disaster. During our first meal we got to listen to a club member angrily complain to the wait staff about how a rotton meal has caused his son to become ill. That night our own meals were edible, but some of the entrees appeared to have been frozen and heated up in a microwave.

The following night, the restaurant served us a chicken club sandwich with chicken so old that the edges had turned grey and hard. Three of the four meals served to us that night were inedible. When I complained to the shift supervisor, she decided not to charge us for our meal, which was appropriate considering we did not eat it.

I hope my experience was an anomaly, and that they work out their kitchen and staffing problems. I had been happy with the hotel in the past, but the last visit was bad enough that I will not return.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank g1g1g1
TCCLUB, Director of Sales at Auberge Vancouver Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel and club. We are sincerely disappointed that you were so unsatisfied with your stay.

By giving us your feedback and pointing out that you had enjoyed your stays in the past, allows us to improve and build on the opportunities to be so much better. We do want to ensure our guests have a delightful and wonderful experience and this is what we strive for.

We hope you will come back to stay with us again. We take your comments very seriously and are addressing your points to ensure this is in fact an unfortunate and isolated incident. We take pride in the superior product we offer our guests.

Noni Bruyere
Director of Sales and Marketing
The Hotel at Terminal City Club
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I adore this hotel. The service is outstanding. I have been a guest 4 times over the past couple of years and have enjoyed an upgrade to a suite every time. The decor is luxurious and the rooms are very comfortable. I feel like royalty each time I visit.

• Stayed April 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My fiance and I stayed here over Christmas, after securing a good deal on TripAdvisor. We were super impressed by our large room, terrific service, delicious food from the restaurant... everything. The location is brilliant - walking distance to everything in the city including fantastic restaurants, coffee shops, harbour, ferries, trains and shopping. Our experience here was amazing, despite the weather being awful (although don't let that stop you - Vancouver is a lovely city!). Two thumbs up, give this place a go.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
TCCLUB, Director of Sales at Auberge Vancouver Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review.
Thank you for your wonderful comments.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our lovely hotel.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel at Terminal City Club again. We'll ask for sunshine for your next visit :)

N Bruyere
Director of Sales and Marketing
Terminal City Club and
The Hotel at Terminal City Club
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 November 2010

For the purpose of this visit (business and recreation), this hotel proved to be very well chosen. The location near the Canada Place Convention Centre was perfect.
The room was very good, but the bathroom and bedroom were relatively small compared to the livingroom. A minus was the fact that the entrance and reception are very unpersonal and there is nobody to hold the door for you and bring the suitcases to the room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights while my husband was on a conference. Previous reviews had said that the rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. We found the room was very nice. We had a junior suite and it very well designed with a sitting room, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Internet WiFi was free. Unfortunately we found the bed to be very uncomfortable and the pillows were overstuffed synthetic pillows. We requested softer pillows and some feather pillows were quickly delivered. They absolutely stank. They smelt like wet feathers but were dry. The smell was so bad that it woke me several times during the night. On the last day the room was free from 9.30am and when I returned to the room at 3pm it had still not been serviced. It was done soon after but was somewhat surprising as the hotel did not seem that busy. Also newspaper delivery was not every day.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Lupinfairy
Port of Spain
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I spent two nights before departing on a cruise and another when we returned. We found the hotel on Trip Advisor and read the reviews. It was very easy to get to from the airport - the last stop as indicated on the website. The service was excellent. The rooms were very, very clean and neat and made us feel welcome. We were also able to use the gym while we were there. Sheila who works at The Grill was fantastic and took care of our needs. When we checked out to depart on our cruise, the bellman walked us to the cruise terminal and dropped our bags off at the check in point. When we returned from the cruise, we were extended the same very high service standards. We were even given a room four floors higher with an even better view. The hotel is quiet although it is located in a busy area. It is close to shopping and restaurants as well. It was worth every dollar and my husband and I were blown away with every aspect of our stay. We will definitely stay there again should the opportunity present itself and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple