“EASY JAPANESE”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If, like me, you don't know much about Japanese food, then Kaneda is a great choice for you. They have a regular menu, but also an 'all you can eat' option, which I thought was quite extensive as well as being very reasonably priced. You can choose as many of the 'all you can eat' options as you would like. It gives an opportunity, in small amounts, to try something that you have never had before...and if you really like something, you can order a little bit more of it!!
We had lots of fun trying out different dishes that were very tasty! The service was good and the waitress was very helpful in answering questions about what some of the dishes were. The tea they served was fabulous.
They had some parking available at the back of the restaurant which we were able to use, and that was very helpful. We walked up the back stairs so did not have to go around the building to the main entrance. The restaurant was very clean and gave us the feeling that we could have been in Japan.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

WOW - this is a great place to stop for any kind of lunch (big or small, casual or business) if you're in the neighbourhood.

They have great menu selections for all you can eat, sushi rolls only or pick this and that! I ordered two items for $ 8.75 (gyoza and the dynamite roll) and expected to only get that. Nope - I got a nice salad, a wonderful miso soup (not too salty) and then a nice little refreshing square of mango jelly for dessert.

I sat out on the balcony to enjoy the beautiful sun at a table with a nice umbrella. As my food arrived I was really happy. The gyoza was nice and hot with a wonderful sauce. My dynamite rolls were large and yummy!

I definitely recommend stopping in here no matter what your appetite.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Great food and great value. My wife and I had ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT while my kids had a meal-combo and our 2 friends ordered some sushi off a menu. Some places don't allow you to do that unless everyone at the table orders 'ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT'. These guys didn't mind (and we certainly didn'y abuse it or offered any of the food we ordered to our friends, nor did they ask). For lunch, the ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT was $13.95 for an adult. I think this is a fantastic price. Place was clean, service was friendly and prompt and we left happy and full!. Look forward to coming back.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Went here on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised! Tucked away up a flight of stairs is this little gem of a restaurant. I didn't see an elevator and was dining with some older people, so getting there may be restrictive for people with more serious mobility issues? The place was very clean and the people very friendly, greeting us as soon as we stepped in the door. The tables are low with bench seating all the way around, the two people I was with needed assistance getting in and out, but the staff were right there to help. We ordered five items - and all were hot, fresh and didn't take long at all like someone else here has mentioned? The sushi were little works of art! Try the chicken or the beef teriyaki - it was delicious - as was the curried vegetables and prawn tempura. Tried yam roll for the first time and have found a new favourite! For three of us to share 5 dishes, and two large Japanese beer the bill was $69.70 - not bad! I will definately be back, it has become one of my top five all time favourite places to eat now when I am in Vancouver. Seek it out - it's worth it!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

The food here was just excellent. Although you may have to wait a bit for your quality food. Fresh oysters are in the dinner all you eat menu as well as a wide variety of sashimi and sushi. We enjoyed the cones and BBQ salmon belly.

The restaurant is on the second floor which makes it a bit hard to notice. There is some parking in the back and you can also park at Jordan furniture next door after 6pm. Street parking is another option. .