“Tacos eh!”

Ranked #217 of 3,870 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: Offering authentic Mexican tacos in the heart of Downtown Vancouver.We make our tacos from traditional recipes with local, organic and sustainable products, when possible.Our menu offers different types of fillings which can be served as a Taco (soft tortilla, made locally) or as a Quesadilla.La Taqueria is born in 2009, through the idea of creating a pinche taco stand, which resemble the taste and feel of street tacos around Mexico. These tacos are usually the best and are often referred to as pinche tacos.Both locations are open 11am to 8:30pm Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday.
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Yummy tacos...tons of different choices for meat eaters n veggitarians. You get 4 tacos for $9.00. Hate the hours...11-6pm. They also offer toppings such ad salsas, pickled carrots, and beer...you wont be dissapointed..no line.. Extemely small seating area

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of Mexican food although I do have my share of it due to eating out with friends or family. This time I went with wife and family since this is the highest rated Mexican restaurant in Vancouver and we were curious.We went for lunch and ordered only tacos. The food itself is not bad, actually quite a lot better than other Mexican places I have tried (including in the southern USA). I might have rated it 4 out of 5 if I were a Mexican foodie. The decore is simple, and service is very basic but fast. You have to clean up after yourself. Overall a somewhat satisfactory experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We tried their tacos after reading a review on TripAdvisor. Our 2 favorite are the "Tinga De Pollo" and "Pescado." The Tinga De Pollo is chicken with chorizon in a chipotle tomato sauce, topped with Mexican cheese and sour cream. The Pescado is grilled fish with pico de gallo. We tred a few others, but these were our favorites. The store is a pretty small place, but the line goes out the door at lunch and dinner time. Don't pass this place up!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Both locations are always great, the Hastings spot has a bit more character but less room. Wish they put on the potato special more often.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite at this local eatery, and boy was it worth it. I must warn you, it is not a big place, in fact it would be considered more a hole in the wall place (which I must say some of the best food I have ever tasted came from a small hole in the wall restaurant).

Upon placing your order, you can either to get the tacos to go or try to find a seat. The restaurant offers a 2 taco special or a 4 taco special. Due to all the choices, my wife and I got the four taco special. My wife had the beef cheeks, and chicken; while I had the al pastors (marinated pork). The tacos were so good, my wife wanted to go back later on that night to get an evening snack.

In closing, if you are visiting Vancouver and are looking for street tacos from Mexico this is the place for you.