“Best tacos I've ever had”
Review of La Taqueria

La Taqueria
Ranked #203 of 3,943 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: Offering authentic Mexican tacos in the heart of Downtown Vancouver.We make our tacos from traditional recipes with local, organic and sustainable products, when possible.Our menu offers different types of fillings which can be served as a Taco (soft tortilla, made locally) or as a Quesadilla.La Taqueria is born in 2009, through the idea of creating a pinche taco stand, which resemble the taste and feel of street tacos around Mexico. These tacos are usually the best and are often referred to as pinche tacos.Both locations are open 11am to 8:30pm Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A friend of mine suggested this place a while ago. It's on Cambie and Broadway and I'd seen it a hundred times driving by but it didn't speak to me. But I'm alway up for new things and my friend is usually a decent judge. So we went. Inside it has a distinctly Mexican decor in a campy kinda way. It's bright and clean. We got there at 11:30 for a good reason. By noon there is a line out the door. It seats about 30 comfortably but those seats go fast. 11:30 is perfect. The owners are very pleasant, very professional, very authentic. It's kind of a walk up, order and sit place. They have a list of about 12 different tacos. You can have any combination you wish and any about you wish. So far, yes I know, it doesn't sound extraordinary. But then comes the food. Wow. Simply the best tacos I've ever had. The tinge de pollo and the carnitas are my personal favourites. But they do have wonderful specials every day too. I've been back at least a dozen times since that first visit and it's never disappointing. Clean, healthy, fast and delicious. My new favourite lunch joint. Also took my wife and kids there too and the kids were equally happy with there beef and bean tacos.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Yummy tacos...tons of different choices for meat eaters n veggitarians. You get 4 tacos for $9.00. Hate the hours...11-6pm. They also offer toppings such ad salsas, pickled carrots, and beer...you wont be dissapointed..no line.. Extemely small seating area

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of Mexican food although I do have my share of it due to eating out with friends or family. This time I went with wife and family since this is the highest rated Mexican restaurant in Vancouver and we were curious.We went for lunch and ordered only tacos. The food itself is not bad, actually quite a lot better than other Mexican places I have tried (including in the southern USA). I might have rated it 4 out of 5 if I were a Mexican foodie. The decore is simple, and service is very basic but fast. You have to clean up after yourself. Overall a somewhat satisfactory experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We tried their tacos after reading a review on TripAdvisor. Our 2 favorite are the "Tinga De Pollo" and "Pescado." The Tinga De Pollo is chicken with chorizon in a chipotle tomato sauce, topped with Mexican cheese and sour cream. The Pescado is grilled fish with pico de gallo. We tred a few others, but these were our favorites. The store is a pretty small place, but the line goes out the door at lunch and dinner time. Don't pass this place up!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Both locations are always great, the Hastings spot has a bit more character but less room. Wish they put on the potato special more often.