“SO Tasty!!”

Ranked #239 of 3,782 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: Offering authentic Mexican tacos in the heart of Downtown Vancouver.We make our tacos from traditional recipes with local, organic and sustainable products, when possible.Our menu offers different types of fillings which can be served as a Taco (soft tortilla, made locally) or as a Quesadilla.La Taqueria is born in 2009, through the idea of creating a pinche taco stand, which resemble the taste and feel of street tacos around Mexico. These tacos are usually the best and are often referred to as pinche tacos.Both locations are open 11am to 8:30pm Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday.
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“SO Tasty!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

LOVE the Taqueria! I order the 'special' of 4 meat tacos of your choice for $9.50 and usually get beef, pork, chicken and fish. There are also vegetarian selections which cost less. I recently brought my daughter here for lunch for the first time. She loved it too! The corn tortillas they use are so good, and they double them up for ease of eating. There are 'eating counters' in the back and usually a line up out the door. But the lineup goes fast and it is worth the wait!!

Visited July 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Great Tacos”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went to this location after trying their food truck and spending the next 5 days thinking about tacos :). The W. Hastings location is quite small and mainly offers counter space, so you should try to go outside their peak hours if you want to sit there to inhale your tacos. I went around 2pm on a week day with two other people and we were able to get three seats at the main counter (that said, two people left by the time we finished placing our orders so I think we got lucky).

I got the special (4 meat tacos for $9.50) and decided and two regular fish tacos and two 'special of the day' fish tacos (with mango chutney and a different kind of fish). Both varieties were excellent, but the special was amazing! Super flavorful with a hint of sweetness brought on by the chutney. As I mentioned in my food truck review, the tacos are gluten-free, and the fish is Oceanwise. How can you go wrong?

I gave this a 4 because the guy who took our orders wouldn't explain the differences between the types of beef they use, to my friends. Frankly, if you work in a restaurant, you should be able to answer these questions easily. I was really surprised at this guys' flat out refusal to answer the question.

• Visited August 2013
“Great taco defining restaurant”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Everytime my gf and I travel, we look for taco places. My gf never liked tacos. This is the restaurant that changed her mind.

Everything we had was really good. The prices were ridiculously good for what you had.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Johnny W
“Great cheap eats”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fantastic, authentic taco shop in the gaslight area --- don't miss the braised beef cheeks (yes, beef cheeks).

Visited May 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Delicious MINI Tacos!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I will keep this review small like the tacos :)

They are delicious and great service there!!!

BUT…

REALLY SMALL (oops.. I shouldn't use Caps for that) 4 for $9.50 and you are hungry 30min later :( or buy 2 more and you are up at like $15 for tacos with basically no vegetables..

Please please please make them Bigger (double the size) :)

• Visited March 2014