“Doesn't live up to the hype”
Review of Japadog

Japadog
Ranked #91 of 3,782 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We kept not making it to Japadog on a previous few trips to Vancouver, but in January we finally made it there for lunch. I was a little underwhelmed by the experience. I tried the Terimayo hot dog and it was good, not great. I guess it was a personal thing that I didn't like the hot dog, I will be back and try something else. The butter and shoyu fries were a unique and tasty experience, though. I won't go out of my way to go to Japadog again, but would be willing to go back and try something else on the decent sized menu. This location has a small inside seating area, so don't expect room to sit if you go during a busy time.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas
“Nothing to call home about.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Decided to try this "must do" after sitting through a poor opera performance at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Upon walking in, we thought this was going to be really good. After placing our order, sitting and waiting in the very uncomfortable chairs, we got our food. Upon tasting it, we really didn't see what the "must do" was all about. First of all paying $8.99 for a hot dog combo didn't really make me jump for joy. Secondly, after tasting the food, it was bland, it had no flavor. My wife and I both attempted to add mustard, ketchup, spicy sauces to make the food come alive. Nothing we tried seemed to work. Due to me looking for a certain flavor, I decided to just try a three cheese, jalapeño dog. Again no flavor.

So in closing, my wife and I can say, "We came, we saw, we tried it, and didn't really care for it." I'll take a Coney Island or a Chicago dog any day over this Canadian favorite.

Visited March 2014
Seattle
“Unpucker Thine Anus And Enjoy”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a fun place! Good quality dogs/brats with Japanese style toppings. Ume jelly and onions on a dog? Yeah?
Food snob? Either lighten up or go some place far away.

• Visited February 2014
Wales, Uk
“First time”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Interesting dogs ! I definitely liked mine but I am not sure what all the fuss was about. I would have another but I wouldn't be too sad if I didn't !

Visited September 2013
Beijing, China
“Fun but I still prefer classic hot dogs”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

A japanese take on hotdogs but I still prefer proper european style sausages over this avant gardes fusion.

Visited February 2014