“great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Ashby House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 53 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2008

The Ashby B&B is located in a nice central neighbourhood. When you sit on the porch, or at a cafe in one of the streets close to it, you can entertain yourself just at looking around, watching people.
It's an old house, historically decorated. We made a reservation for the Wilde Room, but without any explanation we were situated in the cellar room. That was a bit strange. It was a bit dark down there, but it was really big, with a couch and chairs and a fireplace, and a nice bathroom in the hall, just to be used by us.
Breakfast was great, nice to talk to the owners and other guests. if you wanted suggestions for attractions or walks, or use the computer; just go ahead. Really relaxed!
The small farmers market at saturday a block away is cute, and the chocolats from 'Bad Girl' really are great!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TienenTuur
There are newer reviews for Ashby House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 22 June 2008

If you like 19th century houses, this may be the place for you to stay. The house, the room and the bathroom all look like a museum; everything is decorated in the 19th century style. It wasn't really our tast, but everything was clean and the king size bed was comfortable. The room was plain with no extra's (no tv or coffee maker).
The B&B is located just two streets from Downtown, yet it's quite quiet and parking facilities are perfect.
The shower was not that great with very little water.
Breakfast was fine and the hosts were kind.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DutchTheNetherlands
Reviewed 12 June 2008

As most of the previous reviews already stated, the most important quality of Ashby House is that the hosts just make you feel like their own friends. I stayed at Ashby House when I attended a conference in Vancouver. I really appreciated the cozy atmosphere of the b&b when I came back after a long day.
The hosts were wonderful: very helpful, full of good suggestions (I spend the one day I had for sightseeing in probably the best places that Vancouver has to offer thanks to their suggestions), welcoming, and very easy to chat with.
I enjoyed the breakfast very much, the animals definitely add to the atmosphere, and the location is definitely great, not to mention the value for the price.
Overall, I highly recommend Ashby House for a stay in Vancouver, and I will stay there again if I come back to the city.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JeanneBonn
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Ashyby house is conveniently located in the West End. It also has parking,--absolutely necessary if you're driving. The hosts are charming and knowledgeble and breakfast is delightful. It's a great value for the West End.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan98119
Reviewed 30 July 2007

I've stayed at Ashby House several times now over the last 5 years and keep coming back. For me, too, this is a home away from home. I can't imagine staying anywhere else, if I have the choice, for a number of reasons:
First of all Mary Anne and Robin are wonderful hosts with lots of stories to share, and who make you feel at home the second you cross the threshold. They always have the best recommendation and know their way around town.
The breakfast, which is always a treat.
The location couldn't be any better. All major attractions are within walking distance.
At Ashby House I always feel at home and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sabine_on_tour
Reviewed 11 July 2007

This was the first time I've stayed in a B&B. The experience was wonderful. The hosts made everyone feel right at home and there was no set time for breakfast.... a B&B that isn't stuffy nor up tight. The decor was tastefully done in the style and age of the house (1899, victorian). The location was awesome, centerally located in the West end of BC. Close to everthing a tourist would like to see. The hosts were very knowledgeable of the area and were able to direct us to every local we requested. The english garden out front was tastefully done and the window boxes filled the rooms with wonderful aromas every morning.... what a way to wake up. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to feel at home on their vacation to one of the cleanest cities I've ever vacationed in.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank sly100
Reviewed 7 June 2007

Ashby House is one of life’s shining gifts. The host team of MaryAnne and Robin are warm, intelligent, vastly experienced at B&B-ing, and intriguing, centered people to be with. The Victorian-Edwardian house seems to put its arms around visitors. King Cat Sampson is serene and invisible if you’re not a catperson, or available for lots of cuddling if that’s your joy. Young Macleod the Scottish Terrier is smart and well behaved and has a nutty sense of humor. My bed and pillows were comfy for a really good night’s sleep, the furniture provided everything I needed, and the bathroom sparkled. Ashby House is within walking distance of Stanley Park, Robson Street, the harbor, the bay, and countless restaurants. During my five days there, the hosts cooked breakfasts to raves, and MaryAnne served her own home-made jams, which were so yummy my toast became simply an excuse to keep eating lots more jam!

These hosts are so knowledgeable about Vancouver. They steered one delighted guest to lawn bowling. I’m a Japanese-food foodie and in the best North American city for Japanese food outside of San Francisco, MaryAnne recommended restaurants in detail, and her two major recommendations, Toshi’s and Aki, were so perfect I will dream of those dinners for years.

Part of the beauty of my experience was the lush garden with fragrant flowers, birds, butterflies, and the forgotten pleasures of sitting on the porch, rocking in a rocking chair, chatting, watching the world walk by as the birds sing about their day. Hummm...

MaryAnne and Robin and the animals and the house itself welcome you into their life and show by the intentional joy of their beings that joy is the point. I found this is a place where I could be who I am and never edit my soul, and I became better for having been in their company. I plan to return frequently.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo