“Nice massage, unpleasant service.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spruce Body Lab

Spruce Body Lab
More attraction details
Owner description: Featured as a Vancouver destination by the New York Times and Wallpaper travel guide, Spruce Body Lab is a lifestyle spa located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown. Specializing in massage therapy and medical esthetics, Spruce Body Lab offers advanced treatments in a pristine, modern and warm environment. The spa facilities include a private cedar-lined infrared sauna, relaxation lounge and blissful Kohler rain shower water tile equipped changerooms.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice massage, unpleasant service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had a nice massage but unpleasant experience at the front desk. I informed the front desk I was running late, but was not informed they would be shortening my appointment but still charging me the same amount. The receptionist was not understanding and simply charged me the amount with very little consideration. Not a pleasant way to end a massage and did not feel like a welcoming environment to come back to.

Visited November 2012
5 Thank Kier K
Kathryn S, Manager at Spruce Body Lab, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your massage, but I am sorry you did not receive the warm care we strive to provide. We take your concerns seriously and will work to improve our customer care to ensure you a better experience in the future.

Vancouver
“Expensive but they work what you need”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

For me it's worth it to spend a little extra and have a RMT who works on the parts that I've requested, and actually works them to what my body needs. I'll be back!

Visited November 2012
“Always consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very professional and courteous staff, always a very clean environment, and great customer service. I would definitely recommend Spruce.

Visited October 2012
“Excellent service and beautiful space.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

ALl the staff were really friendly and provided a wonderful service. I went in for a botox consultation and kathryn was excellent, gave some great advice and excellent service. Would definitely recommend!

Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“almost hidden oasis in Yaletown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I live in Vancouver and go here often. I almost hesitate to write a review for fear of helping it get too busy but I do want to make sure they continue to thrive. On balance this place is simply fantastic. I am probably overly influenced by my incredible RMT, who I will refuse to name :) I have occassionally been to other RMTs here and a facial therapist who were all very good. The location is great and the decor is simple, bright and very relaxing. I am always amazed how clean and crisp it is and how much I enjoy the atmosphere, which is a bonus. The music is always subtle but great and relaxing and just the right volume (quiet). The operation is generally very slick and welcoming. The front end staff are good and mostly very friendly. Everything is clean and at least appears new and fresh. They are very good about confirming appointments by phone and now by email as well. The therapy rooms are spaceous and really nice. The other facilities are nice but the area is very small. This is not the kind of spa where you go and hang out for very long, the infrared sauna, change room, lounge and shower are all very small but useable. it would be awkward if more than one or two people were using these at the same time (but you usually would have it to yourself I think). The reasons to go are the quality of the services and the atmosphere - very good reasons to go to a spa! You do pay for the quality for most services. Some of their prices for advanced skin care do seem astronomical however (they don't seem to be on the website either) - not sure if they are out of line with other places though. Please treat yourself to this indulgence, you won't be disappointed!

Visited October 2012