“Massage Treatments a Spruce”
Review of Spruce Body Lab

Spruce Body Lab
Ranked #12 of 80 Spas & Wellness in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Featured as a Vancouver destination by the New York Times and Wallpaper travel guide, Spruce Body Lab is a lifestyle spa located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown. Specializing in massage therapy and medical esthetics, Spruce Body Lab offers advanced treatments in a pristine, modern and warm environment. The spa facilities include a private cedar-lined infrared sauna, relaxation lounge and blissful Kohler rain shower water tile equipped change rooms.
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have visited Spruce Body Lab 6 or 7 times and have enjoyed it each time. Each visit was for massage and its great since all their therapists are RMT's!! The place is clean, professional and the rooms are nice. My only comment is that is it pricey compared to other places i go to but i still go (well until my insurance runs out!). So as long as you know the $$ than i would fully recomend it!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I made an appointment with Dave Butt (RMT) because I know from a previous visit that he has strong hands, and I was in pain from a pulled muscle in my neck. I am always impressed by the ability of a masseuse to find, isolate and disperse a problem. I admit there was no immediate relief, and the Deep Tissue massage was painful at times. It is now day 2 after my massage and the pain I had been suffering for 10 days is subsiding. I would reccomend Dave for any kind of deep tissue work. This man has powerful hands, and I am sure he can deliver a gentle touch as well.

Spruce is my favourite spa because it is so clean and quiet and modern. I like the interior design and lighting and impression of absolute cleanliness. The infared sauna is small and effective too. The lights blink as a warning that your time is almost up and then go out when your sauna is done, so you can just relax and enjoy it. The shower is amazing in the change room with 4 water tiles and a rain shower head above. Premium products for hair and skin supplied. I couldn't stop smelling myself for hours afterward, the body wash smells so gorgeous. The hair product was the best I've ever used and my hair was just perfect all day, if I do say so myself. I should have bought some on my way out.

Good work Spruce Bodylab you are still my favourite.

2  Thank DDubj
Kathryn S, Manager at Spruce Body Lab, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thanks so much for the glowing review. It makes our day to get such great feedback!

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Had a great spa day with Spruce Body Lab. The staff are very professional and the massage was exactly what I needed. Nice relaxing music (no pan flutes) with a modern twist. Spotlessly clean and crisp environment. Looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank RandallR
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had a nice massage but unpleasant experience at the front desk. I informed the front desk I was running late, but was not informed they would be shortening my appointment but still charging me the same amount. The receptionist was not understanding and simply charged me the amount with very little consideration. Not a pleasant way to end a massage and did not feel like a welcoming environment to come back to.

5  Thank Kier K
Kathryn S, Manager at Spruce Body Lab, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your massage, but I am sorry you did not receive the warm care we strive to provide. We take your concerns seriously and will work to improve our customer care to ensure you a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

For me it's worth it to spend a little extra and have a RMT who works on the parts that I've requested, and actually works them to what my body needs. I'll be back!