“Fun to Time Travel!”

Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 167 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I joined some friends for The Lost Souls of Gastown and we had a wonderful time! The group was friendly - met some nice people along the way - and our guide was excellent! At first, when he introduced himself, in period character, I was wondering how it'd go, but soon we all suspended disbelief and became engrossed in his "experience" of Vancouver. We'd all been transported back over 100 years in time and instead of seeing cars and other modern things, we were seeing murder scenes and other sordid things from Victorian Vancouver. It's a lot of fun - highly recommended!

Forbidden_Vancouver, Owner at Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for your review Tom. Very glad to hear you felt transported back in time - that is absolutely our goal! Hope to see you on one of our other tours before too long.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I came from out of town to visit my cousin and she suggested we go on the Prohibition City tour together. I had no idea what to expect, but figured, why not? I was a little unsure at first when our guide showed up in a trench coat and fedora, but it turned out to be quite a lot of fun! Our guide, Will, was really entertaining and fun to listen to! I really liked how he got us involved by asking us questions. We saw lots of Vancouver’s historic buildings and learned all kinds of interesting things about Prohibition. I would absolutely recommend it!

1  Thank Sarina W
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had arranged a private tour for as part of a group event. The contact was prompt in responding, helpful in explaining the tours to determine the best fit for the group and accommodating when RSVPs changed, affecting the attendance total. The tour itself was interesting and I walked away with a greater appreciation for the history I never knew existed. The reason I rated this "very good" instead of "excellent" was because the tour occurs frequently in high traffic areas so there were times when it was difficult to hear the tour guide, which affected my overall enjoyment of the tour.

Forbidden_Vancouver, Owner at Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hi MK, it's Will here - I was your guide on your tour. Thanks for posting a review. I also noticed it was an unusually noisy afternoon during your tour. Mainly due to construction work was my sense. As you might know our public tours all happen in the evenings when the streets are quieter and construction work is finished for the day. But I think what with the earlier start time for your private tour we got more noise than usual - hope it didn't affect the tour too much! All the best, Will.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My sister and I took my mom and aunt on the Prohibition City tour for mothers day. Will was an entertaining guide and storyteller, really bringing the history to life and engaging the group by presenting mysteries to solve along the way. All 4 of us enjoyed the tour and had a good time.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Will was informative, engaging and accurate with his information.
My date and I learned a lot about the city and felt very lucky to learn more about
our lovely city. Will (har, har.) suggest this to people who are looking for a different
experience on a traditional tour.