“Story telling ex·tra·or·di·naire”

Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 158 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and special event Secrets of the Penthouse. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Vancouver, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Story telling ex·tra·or·di·naire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been on a few walking tour before but none as entertaining as the Forbidden Vancouver Waking Tours. Our guide was super entertaining, and his ability to get our group of 12 engaged was mind blowing. I have never seen "gamification" of a walking tour before. It was alot of fun and all the guests on the tour appeared to be engaged and wanting to participate which was awesome.

Our guide was able to transport us all back in time very quickly. I would recommend this tours to locals, family's, and visitors to Vancouver. The walk is very easy, so don't let that put you off, and it has many breaks along the way.

Great times were had with our mighty group of 12 (many of which had just met), and it was an experience that I won't forget. Great value for money. A must do while in Vancouver.

1 Thank BCMeg
Forbidden_Vancouver, Owner at Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi BCMeg this is Will here - I was your storyteller. What a fun group and an enjoyable afternoon! I thoroughly enjoyed leading you all around prohibition-era Vancouver - I'm delighted to hear you had a good time too. Thanks for the review!

“Fantastic Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Absolutely superb storytelling. It was so much fun and George/Corwin was a phenomenal guide who was completely engrossing. Will definitely be back for the other tours. Exceptional value.

Rothesay, New Brunswick, Canada
“A must do.... A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our guide, "George", gave an entertaining tour of Gaston. His talent is obvious and steals your attention every scene! We all loved the story.

Vancouver, Canada
“Fun to Time Travel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I joined some friends for The Lost Souls of Gastown and we had a wonderful time! The group was friendly - met some nice people along the way - and our guide was excellent! At first, when he introduced himself, in period character, I was wondering how it'd go, but soon we all suspended disbelief and became engrossed in his "experience" of Vancouver. We'd all been transported back over 100 years in time and instead of seeing cars and other modern things, we were seeing murder scenes and other sordid things from Victorian Vancouver. It's a lot of fun - highly recommended!

Visited March 2014
Thanks for your review Tom. Very glad to hear you felt transported back in time - that is absolutely our goal! Hope to see you on one of our other tours before too long.
100 Mile House, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Entertaining and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I came from out of town to visit my cousin and she suggested we go on the Prohibition City tour together. I had no idea what to expect, but figured, why not? I was a little unsure at first when our guide showed up in a trench coat and fedora, but it turned out to be quite a lot of fun! Our guide, Will, was really entertaining and fun to listen to! I really liked how he got us involved by asking us questions. We saw lots of Vancouver’s historic buildings and learned all kinds of interesting things about Prohibition. I would absolutely recommend it!

Visited April 2014