“Great way to spend and evening!”

Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Prohibition City Downtown and Chinatown Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 161 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to spend and evening!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Loved the history! Vancouver is such a beautiful city and learning the history of its beginning was awesome. The actors are fabulous too. It's a great experience and I'd highly recommend it to those visiting and native to the area!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PROHIBITION CITY”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a super, educational, interesting walking tour...I live in Vancouver and was shocked how little I knew about the history of Vancouver. Our tour leader ROB was outstanding....so knowledgeable and funny...he had us all totally involved...with his quick wit and humor.
I would like to personally Thank ROB for a delightful tour.
Chad

1 Thank Maureen S
Surrey, Canada
“A delightful way to spend an evening”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I just spent a wonderful evening discovering some history of Vancouver and being entertained by a delightful young lady in period dress. A great way to spend an evening and very reasonably priced.

Visited June 2014
Forbidden_Vancouver, Owner at Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thanks for the review Chanormar. You are not the first guest we've had who has described our storyteller Tiffany as 'delightful' - and we agree 100% - we are very proud of the work she does at Forbidden Vancouver. Hope to see you on another of our tours before too long. Will.
Vancouver, Canada
“A new way to see familiar places”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have lived in Vancouver for over two years and spend most of my time in the gastown neighbourhood but this tour made me notice buildings, alley ways and other sights in a whole new way. Very informative and fun! Rob was a great tour guide, his passion for his job really shows.

Arnprior, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“this is how you run a tour business!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours (Prohibition Vancouver)

This particular walk is one of several offered by this company. I was originally scheduled to take part in a photography walk but poor weather forced a change in plan.

This is where these guys went above and beyond earned a great rating! The owner (Will) kept in touch with me in the lead up to the event and informed me as soon as possible that the photo walk was cancelled and made arrangements to get me into another one quickly and efficiently. As a result I ended up on the Prohibition walk.
My guide Rob was great, friendly, always in character as a reporter in 1920’s Vancouver. We as reporters for our own hometown newspapers were presented with a great overview of what Vancouver was like in the early 20th century with its illegal drinking establishments, political corruption, sleazy dance halls etc. but we were also challenged to solve a few puzzles along the way, so pay close attention to details while you are on your walk!
Our group consisted of about 20 people and it was a friendly cheerful bunch which always makes a tour more entertaining. Following the walk a few of my new found friends enjoyed a drink at one of the local watering holes we found along the way!.. legally!!
A big shout out to Will for all his effort in making this actually happen… all tour companies should take a lesson on customer relations from this guy!

Visited June 2014
Hi 37EJM - I'm so glad we managed to get you on a tour that day! I felt terrible we had to cancel the photowalk because of the weather. Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your adventure with Rob - thanks for the review and hope to see you again in Vancouver before too long. Will.