“Such interesting history”

Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 160 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and special event Secrets of the Penthouse. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Vancouver
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Such interesting history”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We are locals, but heard about this tour and decided to join in. We learned so much about Vancouver's history that we hadn't known. My 11 and 13 year olds really enjoyed it, and we loved knowing more about buildings we've passed by so many times without understanding their history.

Visited August 2014

“GREAT TIME IN VANCOUVER”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have been a tour operator in Chicago for 9 years and have owned my own company for the past 2.5 years. In total, I have been in the tourism industry for close to 18 years. This was one of THE BEST tours I have ever taken.

We took the Lost Souls tour with Corwin. He was one of the best tour guides I've seen - and I have some excellent tour guides myself. He was phenomenal. Very energetic, engaging with the group and really immersed us into the stories.

I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Vancouver!

Visited August 2014
Forbidden_Vancouver, Owner at Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thanks for the glowing review GL! It means a lot when a fellow tour company gives us such glowing feedback. Corwin was really pleased to hear how well received his work was - thank you. Looking forward to catching you in Chicago one of these days. Will.
Longueuil, Canada
“What a way to visit”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I signed up for this tour not really knowing what I was going to do other than visit which was my original intention. What a surprise.this walking sight seeing turned into a private little show that takes us back in time and keeps us interested at all times. I have met only two guides, and if the others are anything like these two, you will not regret your experience. I recommend this tour, you will remember what you've seen rather than walking by yourself not knowing what is in front of you and the history behind it. I will certainly try another one of their tours.

Isabelle Adam

Visited August 2014
Hi Isabelle - this is Will here - I was your storyteller on Prohibition City. Thanks for the kind review. You were part of a really great group - that was a very fun tour, I remember! Hope to see you again on the Lost Souls of Gastown one of these days.
Coquitlam, Bc
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We did both the Prohibition and Lost Souls of Gastown tours and had a great time. Giselle was fantastic as she immersed herself in her role for the Prohibition tour and brought along the guests on our journey.

I do not remember the guys name who did the other tour but he also was fantastic as he also played a role that took us on an exploration of the history of early Vancouver and the ending was unexpected but well done.

I would recommend this to any one visiting or those who are local. We are from the area and learned stuff about our city that we were not aware of.

Visited July 2014
Winnipeg
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“History and Drama”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This tour provided both history - complete with stories of the people and events of the late 1800s and early 1900s - and dramatic story telling. The tour guide was excellent and provided old photos of the city (before and after the fire) and its people. I highly recommend taking time to do this tour.