Okay let me tell you first that my boyfriend and I are young people who arnt really picky and understand that you get what you pay for so we knew the place wasnt gonna be highclass, or very attractive but what we didnt want to pay for is bed bugs. and the hotel is constantly trying to fight them. they spray every tuesday. we paid 320$ for 6 days, only to have found out that the hostel is actually a low rent "hotel" which is very simular to alot of rooming houses I have lived in. and that there are alot of locals who live here for like $400-450 a month, depending on the room. for a little more we coulda stayed alot longer but we're really happy we didnt. Like I said my boyfriend and I have lived in some pretty ruff places in our lives and this place is just like any other rooming house/ low income residental hotel. we can deal with just about anything, but I really hate bed bugs and my boyfriend breaks out in massive welts all over his body when he gets bitten. where as I dont. so for some people like me you may not realise u have them unless you happen to catch the crawling on your bed or wall or worse, on you. we arrived on the monday, and had slept ontop of our own blankets so we didnt notice them the first night, on tuesday the bedbug guys came to check our room and had found 2 bedbugs crawling on the matress and they just picked them off, when we asked if they were gonna spray they said no because "it would be fine". we slept on our blankets again hoping we would be okay, but by morning my boyfriend woke up with these big dollar size red welts on his sholders and back of his legs, in our past experiances when my boyfriend and I are sleeping in the same bed that has bugs, I almost never get biten and they seem to just bite him so we knew from past experiances that they were the cause of his very ichy bite marks. we told the front desk guy about them and after him expaining how they only spray on tuesday and us telling him how they wouldnt they finally sprayed our boxsprings and put sticky paper under our bed. 4 hours later when we were allowed back into our room and within about 5min of being back in we saw a bedbug crawling up the wall and my poor boyfriend continued to get biten. because the hostel is right in the DTES which hosts alot of drug addicts and shady people. we stupidly got ripped off by a guy we met the day before who promised us vip tickets to a downtown club. georcery shopping is hard as all the Asian markets sell only produce and fish, so the convence stores near by within walking distances charge u an arm and a leg for simple items like cereal and milk. u gotta catch a bus to up 2 broadway and theres a "save on foods" near main and broadway.
we had also told the front desk guy that we our bus didnt leave till a little later pass the 11am check out time and hoped that cuz of the bedbug situation that they would have let us stay a bit longer just to wait but they said no because of other peoples reservations. even though we knew there were lots of empty rooms. so that was disapointing too. they did let us keep our luggage in there storage room while we left to kill time b4 we had to catch our bus. I wouldnt reccomend this place to anyone with high standards. it is simply a place to sleep. (if u can) our room was always really cold at night too so it sucked having to sleep on top of our blankets. we ended up giving away our blankets when we left to to advoid cross contamination. this place is good for people who would only be staying a nite or 2 without any expectations of quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- centrally located walking distance to all tourist attractions, across street to Bus depot and Amtrak station, near public transportation The hostel has private rooms and dormitory (3 max 4 beds) free linen nd towels, 2 kitchen, internet, lounge, laundry facilities, rooms with TV and fridge, tourdesk, bike rentals, lockers, luggage storage, no curfew or crazy rules, cheap breakfast available, airport pick up can be arranged, weekly events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your C & N Backpackers - 927 Main reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- c & n Backpackers - 927 Main Hotel Vancouver
- c And n Backpackers - 927 Main