“How to ruin a beautiful Sunday afternoon”
Review of The Ivory Tavern

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am not one to complain, but when your Sunday is ruined by a incompetently run establishment then here we go......

Upon ordering our food in the beautiful sun, we were told that there would be a 45min wait. As it was such a cracking day we thought that we could have a few drinks and it would be all good. There was a special on at the bar to buy a jug of beer and a pizza for a set price of $15. This should have been a good idea one would think as it would tie us over until the food was ready.

We were not in such a hurry, but we noticed people that had arrived after us getting there meals at approximately 1hr after the order was placed. We asked nicely and were told that our food would be another 10mins. The pizza had also not arrived and they said it would be out soon.

Long story short, the meal came out 1.5hrs after ordering, and the pizza came out 10mins after the mains. In a 75% full, restaurant this is unacceptable. Furthermore most of the management staff were unbelievable rude.

Being from the area and being my first time there, I will never return!!!!

1  Thank L H
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I bought a Social Shopper voucher for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and a desert to share. I went with my boyfriend and when we walked in (on a Tuesday evening) there were probably 2 other parties there other than us. Our server was super friendly and knew the menu really well... She warned us for a BIG meal and boy was she right! At the end of our appies we were just about done and then the entrees came. My boyfriend finished his plate but I packed up my entree and it looked like I had barely touched it! We took desert to go. Everything was delicious, the server came at the appropriate times to check on us, and overall it was a good night. Would definitely come back again, even without a Social Shopper/Groupon/etc. voucher!

1  Thank harmonie143
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The first caveat is that there has been 3 different owners at this club and it had just re-open very recently to my arrival. So read the reviews carefully as some may reflect older management.

I was staying next door at the Holiday Inn so it was convenient and I stopped in for a light supper. The server Annie really knew her menu and made an excellent suggestion for an appetizer. I also tried the local beer "Big Rock" I believe and it was very good hit the spot.

I went back again the next night and it turned out they were having a Idol Karaoke night which added some free entertainment. I was considering their chicken but Annie suggested the salad with the spicy chicken. It was very tasty. The dining part of the restaurant was still open late as it was around 9 PM when I ate.

I went back my last night and again the suggestions was to have the pasta - carbonara. Now I like pasta but sometimes too much of a good thing gets boring. What they did was add in green onions and maple smoked bacon. It really took the boring out of the plate.

It was very busy on Karaoke night but I found the service just fine. I had a plane to catch and although I did have to track down my server, she took care of us right away.

It's not a fancy place but I found the service just fine and the food tasty. Perfect for what I wanted (and convenient for me).