“Nice Gardens and fun walkway”

UBC Botanical Garden
Ranked #44 of 348 things to do in Vancouver
San Diego, California
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Nice Gardens and fun walkway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not sure how they are maintained (the walkways) but they are fun. We went on a beautiful though hot day. The gardens are great and the walk is easy for all ages. You can make the walk as long or short as you wish and there are many benches along the paths. The gift shop is super cute with a lot of things you didn't know you needed. I got my tickets at a discount on a canadian dollar a day site and I am glad they offered it because otherwise I would have known nothing about the gardens. Worth the time to stop.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ElaineG29

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
“Canopy walk was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Cannot believe I live so close, yet this was my first time doing the canopy walk. It was fun for all. Kids, adults alike.

Visited August 2014
Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Canopy Walk is a fun family adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The gardens/woods are vast and beautiful, but the Canopy Walk is a must. You traverse above the trees on narrow metalic walkways which are secured with aviation wire. The walkways have a lot of swing to them, so they aren't for the timid, but they are nothing like making your way across the Capilano bridge (which can be terrifying). Definitely worth a visit if you like the outdoors and the weather is cooperating. $20 per adult.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CharterOneTwo
Australia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved the canopy walk and just strolling along the paths staring at the trees and flowers. I am a senior, but cannot say I noticed any problems with the planks etc - but I am quite fearless with suspension bridges etc, and I know that not all people are so. There are vegetable gardens also for those who are into such delights.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rosemary H
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We took our three grandchildren, 7, 9 and 11. The 7 year old grandson didn't want to go to "a garden" however once we arrived he will thrilled. There are many nature paths that have little "story signs" for kids to read along the way. The highlight was the canopy walk which is a suspension bridge that just keeps going and going. It's very narrow and wobbly, maybe not for elderly people but the kids loved it so much that we had to do it "once more before we leave". We would definitely recommend this place to families or visitors to Vancouver. Next time we will pack a picnic lunch.

Visited July 2014