“Good beer, great location”

Granville Island Brewing
Ranked #37 of 349 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of Canada's first modern microbrewery last about a half hour and include a souvenir glass and a taste of four brews. Kids are welcome; they get a taste of root beer. COST: C$8.75. July and Aug., Sun.-Wed. 10-7, Thurs.-Sat. 10-8; Sept.-June, daily 10-7; call for tour times.
Calgary, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good beer, great location”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went to the brewery hoping for a tour, but got turned down, as they seem to have very few tours daily (we went on a Friday in August). Sat at the bar and ordered off the beer sampling menu, can chose 3 different kinds (small glasses). Unfortunately they cannot serve more than a certain amount to each as per their license, which is understandable, but would have been nice to know ahead of time so that my boyfriend and I could order different beers and sample more.
Will go back for the tour another time.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“OK Place”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After spending some time on the island, wandering and looking at the many craft stores, I decided to stop at the brewery to have a break. I decided to have a beer tasting and poutine. The poutine was good, way better than the first one I had, so that made me feel curious about trying it again if I will have the possibility. I had a lager beer that was pretty bland and two IPA one was really great! The reason why I give only 3 on 5 to this place is that the service was really slow and the waitress misplaced the beers plus the atmosphere inside the brewery was weird, I have never brewery or bar or pub were none was smiling, both staff and clients. Who knows maybe I was there on a bad day.

Visited March 2014
Invermere
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Lions Winter Ale is first class!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

As a home beer brewer and drinker of craft beers I am very impressed with the Lions Winter Ale! A terrific beer, compliments to the brewers.
The ale is rich in complex chocolate aroma and taste, velvety smooth and very well balanced.
I only wish this beer was available all year round - please!
Enjoyed my visit to the brewery and tasting the range of beers.

Visited May 2014
Long Beach, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“good spot for really good beer”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I will start off by saying I am a craft beer drinker. I am lucky enough to live in SoCal where I have great beer to choose from.

With that said, this was my first stop of many as I drank my way around Vancouver. The beer was really really good. More importantly however, was the staff. They are beyond friendly, helpful to answer randmod tourist questions, and really knew their beer, processes, and what the brewery was accomplishing.

They also had a small kitchen which put out some great food.

Only issue the beer law in the area maximizes your beer intake to one pint. There are ways around that but you have to visit it to figure it out. A must stop if you are in the area and enjoy beer.

Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Nice for a Beer Break @Granville Island”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Granville Brewery was a nice pit stop after shopping on Granville Island. Hot tip if you're traveling with kids: we sent the tween-agers across the street to a kids shop while all the folks got to have a beer break. The tasters were a good deal--something like $6 for 4 little beer samples. The Lager was a favorite. We didn't like the hot nuts, but the place is nice and the server was great!