“Fantastic food, eat here!”
Review of Handi Restaurant

Handi Restaurant
Ranked #2,251 of 3,750 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kerrisdale
Kelowna, Canada
“Fantastic food, eat here!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've been here twice so I feel comfortable saying how amazing this food is. Both times my friend and I shared the Dinner for 2. Do it, it's amazing. They let you switch out a dish too if you want (get the fish coconut!). The food is amazing. Seriously, we ate so much that we just felt Thanksgiving-like full after. This combo dinner also comes with mango ice cream which is just stupidly delicious.

Both times the service has been amazing. Delightful servers, not pushy at all and very helpful in suggesting dishes. It's a small cute place with tons of take out orders and a lot of locals which is always good.

I am not from Vancouver but this is my new fave place every time I visit! I'd show you pictures but Indian food is not very photogenic.

• Visited July 2014

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful Butter Chicken and naan”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Take out portions of butter chicken, rice and naan are generous and DELICIOUS. Restaurant on Dunbar intimate. We get take out or delivery often but have only eaten in once.

• Visited September 2013
New Westminster, Canada
“Very good choice”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It was Dec. 26, and the place we planned to go to was closed. We agreed to walk a block and see what was open, and here was Handi. Nice looking room so we agreed to try it. Wide range of good-looking dishes on menu, but waiter suggested that he could adjust the fixed-price dinner fir two so it served three,and we went for that.

Started with pakoras and samosas, both tasty and very non-greasy, with a refreshing side salad. I had a Kingfisher beer and companions chai tea.

Main was basmati rice, prawn curry, spinach paneer, and butter chicken. All agreed it was excellent, and probably would have beeb even better if we were young enough to have more spice.

Good, friendly service and fair value for money. Recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Authentic Indian Tastes”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

One of the high on taste authentic Indian foods serving restaurants in Vancouver, great food, decent service and a wonderful experience for foodies.

• Visited May 2013
Saanich
“awesome indian takeout”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

ordered a selection of items with another family. even the six and seven year olds liked it (well, not the spicy dishes).

best indian food I've ever had. fish curry was awesome, roasted eggplant was great, best spinach paneer ever.

• Visited August 2013