“One of my best days spent in Vancouver, thanks to these cool little taxi's”

False Creek Ferries
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Granville Island Ferry Hop-On Hop-Off Day Pass
Ranked #1 of 35 Transportation in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: The original little blue ferries of Vancouver. Based on Granville Island, we have been serving locals and tourists alike since 1982. We provide year-round service to 9 stops along False Creek, from Kitsilano Beach to Science World.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I won't bore you with the fabulous details of my day trip to Vancouver last weekend, but I will say I planned this trip the day before because I wanted to do something cool with my sons on what was supposed to be a beautiful Saturday. My sons are 11 & 14 and getting them out of the house, and out of Chilliwack proved to be a great experience. So we parked at the Vancouver Museum/Planetarium and it was $10 dollars for the day! We did go into the Museum as I had bought a Groupon that sparked this whole adventure. I will review that place as well, in summary - skip it.

When you get down to the water, there is only one dock. Don't feel trepidatious if you have never been on these ferries, I hadn't either and that is why I am writing this so you can be confident on where you are going. Go down the ramp and you will see a sign for ferry pick up. There are more than one water taxi company that travel false creek, the other being the Aquabus. I honestly don't know if the Aquabus goes this far down the inlet. There are 9 stops and I knew we would be on and off all day so I bought a day pass for all three of us, I believe it was $32 dollars. I am SO glad I did that - the freedom of going where ever we wanted, for as long as we wanted, as many times as we wanted was priceless. You get a little business card size pass, don't lose it - you get to watch people dole out money all day long and this is all you need.

The longest wait was under 5 minutes, and most docks were pretty organized. The staff were all friendly, not that interactive however. I don't know what I was expecting, but I am an outgoing person. We went to Granville Island and spent a couple of hours eating, wandering, went for lunch at the Sandbar (will also review) and basically just enjoying the day! Then off to Yaletown where we walked down to the next stop at the Plaza of Nations/Edgewater Casino.

OH - you can bring on bikes, and dogs by the way.

There really is no better way to spend a day. All in all it cost me under a hundred dollars, gas, parking, food, travel included for the three of us. Would do it again in a heart beat, and would definitely recommend False Creek Ferries.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)
All reviews
"sunny day"
in 14 reviews
in 94 reviews

Reviewed 4 May 2014

There are a lot of ferries that run back and forth around False Creek so not much a wait from one side to the other. The ferrymen and women were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is we did get caught in the rain at one spot and there was no covered shelter so were soaked by the time the ferry came. Wish they had a covered shelter at all of their stops.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Very convenient.
Fast and friendly.
In expensive and even cheaper if you by tickets in bulk.
Driver was polite and everything seemed very ordered and safe.
You can pay on the boat.
Bikes allowed.
They even have a 25 harbour tour.
Fun, enjoy.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

These little boats that look somewhat like a small bathtub with a windowed roof on top provide an excellent service moving people around False Creek between different attractions and down-town side.

For people accustomed to more lively harbour water the low free-board and high centre of gravity is likely to be disconcerting but it is adequate for the sheltered waters they work in. (It certainly was for me!) I also found it odd that they do not secure the boats when you get in and out - the one and only crew member simply stands on the side and holds it by hand.