“Excellent! Will definitely go here again!”
Review of Ramen Jinya

Ramen Jinya
Ranked #125 of 3,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Description: It's part of the Ramen Jinya chain - there's on in LA too
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were going down Robson and found this restaurant among the many other Asian restaurants among the street. We were greeted with a long line for seating (as there were not many seats available). Generally, from our experience, long lines meant that the restaurant was good (yes, I judge restaurants by the look of it), and this was no exception. After waiting a good 20 minutes, we finally sat down. There were around 10 different varieties of ramen. The one I chose was very delicious. The soup was very rich, and the noodles had a good texture to it. The staff were also extremely friendly, and seemed as if they were authentic Japanese, which adds to the atmosphere. Overall, I would definitely come here again, as the ramen is simply delicious, and the staff are beyond friendly.

A tip is that you should come at 6:00 or 8:30 for dinner, as we came at 7:15 and there was already a line forming up, so come early if you can. Also, as we were finishing our meal at approximately 8:30, there was barely anyone waiting, and people were also leaving, so come after 8 for shorter lines as well.

2  Thank Caleb a
There are newer reviews for Ramen Jinya

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Popular ramen place, both hot and cold. tasty broth. In addition, they offered other selections, e.g. takoyaki, curry. Quick and efficient service. Ordered the ramen (with miso broth) and for the price it was quite filling. Would recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank ron479
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

After a horrible afternoon at the Sandman Hotel eating here really saved our evening. I've read it's a chain restaurant but I didn't get that feeling! The signature Ramen was delicious and the service was fantastic. LOVED IT. Would definitely go back again.

2  Thank Alecia S
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This place does a booming business and it is pretty easy to see why. Every dish we tried was exceptionally good. Dreaming of going back in the future. If you love noodles or would like to try something new, this place is for you. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Mdm_Belle
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been coming back and fort in this place for quite sometime by myself or with company of friends and love ones since this is close to the library and where I live. Yesterday, I met up with my sister and we were craving for ramen and we thought of--JINYA. After 10 mins of waiting, we had our table. My sister and I knew what we wanted so we ordered it right away. We ordered the same ramen, chicken wonton, however, my sister wanted her broth to be spicy. The server said there will be extra $0.50. My sister asked politely why was it that when she came last week with her husband they didn't get any extra charge, the server explained that unfortunately, it was their policy. But she mentioned that she will just change the broth from spicy vegetable ramen and it will be the same price. We finalized our order.

Half way through our meal, the server put the receipt on our table and said thank you. Bad sign! We continued eating and tried to enjoy and satisfy our cravings for ramen. When I checked the receipts, there was an extra charge of $0.50! We lost our appetite. I went to the counter and asked for it. Funny because the same server said the same reason as what she mentioned before we ordered, it was their policy and added, "Was it really true that they(sister) didn't get charged of $0.50?"Hello, was there any communication problem? No apologies. They insisted for their extra $0.50 policy. She was talking to her co-workers in Japanese about it and it looked like they didn't really care. I asked for the Manager but he/she was no where to be found. They looked at the few people waiting outside, they shrugged and smirked as if it was no big deal. I had a migraine and felt puking. I paid the bill and went out.

To Jinya Vancouver Management: You have a very bad customer service!

Lesson learned: It is not all about the ramen, it is also about customer service! It is not about the $0.50, it is about how you treat ALL customers! You may have line ups(for now..), and take note, you did not only lost 2 costumers, you lost extra many more! It can definitely affect the outcome of your revenue!

There are other ramen place in town and this place is not worth coming back.

Highly NOT recommend!