“Awesome Sturgeon Fishing Experience”

Silversides Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Silversides Fishing provides fully guided fishing charters at a "truly professional level". Experience incredible Sturgeon fishing on the Fraser River, Salmon fishing in Vancouver and the Fraser River Valley, and Fly fishing for Bull Trout, Steelhead & Salmon with downtown Vancouver pickup. We also provide a selection of fishing packages with lodging where you can enjoy wonderful scenery and river fishing. We are full time fishing guides and operate year round, 7 days/week. Established in 1996.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Decided line up a solo fishing trip for a day while my wife was at a conference in Vancouver in early November. Found Silversides through the internet and based on his good reviews I figured Brian could deliver some quality fishing……AND HE DID. First let me say Brian was an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and quick to move or try different tactics if things got slow, which made the 8 hour trip move along nicely. My fish goal (wish) for the day, as I told Brian, was to catch a few Salmon, but what I really wanted was a big Sturgeon. He hooked me into a few nice Chum in the morning, then we moved on to Sturgeon in the afternoon. The Sturgeon fishing was amazing, what a fight, Brian hooked me into a 5 footer that took flight twice. Then, if that wasn’t enough, a monster 7 footer that really made my day(maybe even year) for sure. Overall a great experience that I would highly recommend.

2  Thank Justin H
"british columbia"
"downtown vancouver"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was attending a conference in Vancouver and a buddy talked me into going on an impromptu fishing trip with Brian our guide from Silversides Fishing. I was completely unprepared to go fishing, but Brian said no worries, that he could outfit me - and he did. Unbelievable "catching" day, with multiple Chum hookups for both Zack and myself, with a number at 20 lbs, so needless to say, quite the experience.

3  Thank Jmohlerrn
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Brian and I fished the Squamish river, just north of Vancouver on November 6, 2013.

I've always wanted to experience fishing the great BC wilderness but I never could've imagined this! Crystal clear water teeming with literally thousands of salmon and in the backdrop of towering mountains with snow covered peaks... paradise on earth.

The action started with the first cast and never slowed down. First 5 casts, first 5 fish and then it was fish after fish after fish consistently throughout most of the day except for a couple brief lulls in the action.

I was not counting but I'd say as a conservative estimate that I landed well over 40 chum salmon with at least 3 approaching the 20 lbs range and many, many absolutely beautiful chrome fish...it was just one of those days when all the stars were aligned and we were in the perfect spot with the perfect set-up with thousands of fish running by us throughout the course of the day.

I highly recommend Brian and Silversides and fishing for chum salmon in beautiful BC in November. It was truly the trip of a lifetime, thanks Brian!

1  Thank Nick E
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Me, my brother, my dad and my father in law went salmon fishing on 10/8/2013 and we love the whole experience. My dad couldn't stop talking about it even after we are back to Toronto. We had an excellent day and Brian is an experienced and excellent guide as well. Everyone should try this is they are into fishing and would like a great experience.

1  Thank Bluejade79
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Booked a 6 hour sturgeon trip with Brian on 8/20 on the Fraser. Fishing tuned out to be really slow. Saw only one other boot hookup, and they did not land. Brian was constantly changing baits and moving the boat, but nothing was happening. After six hours passed I figured we were heading back to the dock but Brian said he believe in putting in some overtime when the "bite is delayed". He was confident things would heat up, I had my doubts because ethe dat seemed dead. Somewhere after 7 hours passed, we got into a fish, another 20 mins later I landed my first sturgeon, a beautiful 150 lb, 6 footer. Guides can't make the fish bite, but Brian knows his sturgeon fishing and made it happen for me. He obviously takes pride in what he does and is a great advocate for conservation and the fishery. Highly recommend.

1  Thank MattG184