“BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room Living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living room
Living room
Front entrance with visitor on rock
Kitchen/dining - seating, dinnerware, silverware for six,
Kitchen
Dining table set up.
Full size fridge and stove, microwave, pots and pans, everything you need to cook at home.
Dining area in kitchen.
Dining Room
Dining area.
The Queen Bedroom
The Queen Bedroom
Bedroom with Double bed.
The double bedroom with kids' sleeping nook.
Kids' sleeping nook
Kids' sleeping nook as a closet when there are no kids.
Bedroom with Double bed, looking into living room.  Bedrooms are on opposite sides of the unit.
Looking into bathroom from the private sauna.
Sauna
Bathroom with walk-in rain shower.
Rainshower
Bathroom
Guest BBQ hut and patio area just outside the apartment.
Patio in front garden.
Squirrel feeding in the fountain in The Secret Garden.
Rock wall surrounding The Secret Garden.
Entrance in winter
Tapered arch entrance to the garden.
Side pathway in spring.
Looking at the garden behind the rock wall.
Floodlight and cool at night, perfect for a glass of wine by the fountain.
Front of the house.
All lit up for Christmas - kids love it!
From the street in front of the house in October, looking towards Pacific Spirit Park.
Beach volleyball, Kitsilano beach - ten  minute drive.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Italian first
Any
Paul S
“BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!”
Reviewed 17 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

THE SECRET GARDEN and it's owner Noo-Noo are both exceptional and first class. The property is maintained to perfection and has many amenities that were fully enjoyed during my stay.

Let me begin by saying, "Do Not Book A Hotel Room!" Stay at the SECRET GARDEN instead!

Hotel rooms offer the least of amenities at an unrealistic rate. They are cookie cutter, noisy, un-personal experiences.

The SECRET GARDEN is everything a person(s) would desire and then some. For instance, you have a sauna in the huge master bathroom, full kitchen stocked with everything one would require to make home-cooked meals.

Oh, and don't worry about the noise because the only noise you will hear is the sound of peace and quiet. Unlike hotel rooms where there is constant comings and goings. Nothing like a noisy adjoining room where someone is listening to TV at 4:00 am. Then you call the front desk and get someone who is unable to remedy the situation without a complete move to another room.

If you desire professional, personal, and polite service stay at the SECRET GARDEN! The property is owned and managed by Noo-Noo. I communicated booking changes via email. Noo-Noo would reply the same day. She warned me of some bad weather that might be expected during one of Vancouver's period of inclement weather. She briefed me the day of my travel in advance of my departure so I might rent the appropriate mode of transportation.

I HIGHLY recommend the SECRET GARDEN!

18 Jan 2017
Hi Paul:

WOW - thanks for the stellar review! I remember your first email when you said you had booked a hotel and asked me to convince you why you should cancel and book here instead. Guess I did a good job - now you're convincing other people!

The thing I hate most about hotels is that you can't go outside in the morning without getting dressed and figuring out somewhere to go. I hope next time you visit you'll come in the summer so you can enjoy your morning coffee right outside your door. The back garden is great at night then as well with the fountain and the landscape lighting. No hotel can match that!

You were a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad everything went well for Neil. Thanks again for taking the time to put up such a detailed and thoughtful review.

Karen A
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 16 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

We have stayed here three times and will return. Lovely and comfortable and clean. Owner welcoming but not intrusive.

18 Dec 2016
Karen, thanks for the great review. I look forward to seeing you and Tom again in the spring. Snowing this morning - so pretty - but I wish I had your nerves for driving in the stuff!
Laurna W
San Diego, California
“Spacious and comfortable home”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We walked into the home with the heater turned on which was nice a raining day.

The beds are comfortable and the home is very spacious and comfortable. It's 20 minutes away from Downtown and Gas town, and Stanley Park.

Travelling group: Friends
9 Nov 2016
Thanks for your review, Laurna, I'm happy to read that you both liked the apartment. The gas fireplace is an item I was debating putting in but now I think it really makes the living room. Thanks for leaving the apartment so nice and I hope to see you again sometime when you want to escape the heat! I'm going down on Nov. 19 to see my grandaughters - my son said it was 94 degrees yesterday. Yikes!
Noo-Noo -
Matthew M
Fort Worth, Texas
“Everything was perfect”
Reviewed 16 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The house, neighborhood, and garden were absolutely beautiful! The sauna and fireplace were awesome bonuses that you can't get from a hotel. Highly recommend this home and we'll be using it again when we come back!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
24 Oct 2016
Matthew, thanks so much for the great review. You're such a lovely couple and it was a pleasure to be able to have you at The Secret Garden for your honeymoon in Vancouver. Wishing you many years of happiness together!
Phildenni...
Highley, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Our stay here was perfect. It made an excellent base from which to discover Vancouver and the wider area. It was clean and comfortable and in a lovely area. Noo-Noo was very helpful and gave us plenty of information on what do during our stay. Hopefully we'll make a return visit one day we loved it!

Phil Dennis and Family

Shropshire, England

21 Aug 2016
Hi Phil:

Thanks for the great review as well as the complimentary words from you in our guestbook. I also loved the fact that the girls took the time to write one each as well! Freya loving the "waterfall" and telling me I could keep her bouncy ball was so precious! I didn't find it - perhaps a squirrel family is enjoying it now. Also Evie's note was so cute - commenting that the beds were comfy and the apartment was clean (so grown up!). I love how she signed it - Evie age 9 nearly 10. I hope the rest of your Canadian adventure was as much fun. As Freya said "the long flight was worth it" so I hope you'll return sometime..

Best to you, Amanda and the girls.

Tracey C
“Wonderful find”
Reviewed 5 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Our stay in this property was a lovely end to our Canadian adventure. It is in a well located neighbourhood tucked away up a quiet street. It is an oasis in the city. Noo-Noo was lovely and made our stay extra special. The apartment is spacious and top quality situated on the main bus routes and easy to find from the airport. Didn't want to leave.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was in a quiet neighbourhood easy to get to
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Jun 2016
Thanks, Tracey and Malcolm! I'm so glad I could provide you with a relaxing end to your Canadian adventure. Thanks for taking the time to write this and I hope to see you again if you visit our beautiful city again.
Denise145...
Calgary, Canada
“A superb find, would highly recommend”
Reviewed 18 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Made to feel very welcome by hostess
Apartment very clean and comfortable, in a quiet area of Vancouver.
Beautiful garden, just right for R and R
Local shops and bars are within walking distance
Great location for public transport into and around Vancouver if you didn't want to use your car.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Difficult to say as it was all excellent
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Jun 2016
Hi Denise - thanks for the lovely review. The "Three Brits" were great guests and I enjoyed our conversations so much. Thanks also for the beautiful lily - it gave me so much pleasure and is now planted in the side garden. Hope it comes up again next spring so my guests can enjoy it as well.
Noo-Noo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing