“Consistently excellent fish”
Review of Fish Cafe

Fish Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 3,978 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$14 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kerrisdale
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Tucked away in Kerrisdale, Fish a cafe consistently provides excellent fish and sea food. Owner and Chef Marcus is a hearty, welcoming fellow who serves up delicious fare. Service can be slow at peak times because everything is made to serve.

Reservations recommended

2  Thank 4fishtaco

Reviewed 27 August 2013

During my visit to Vancouver last week, I had the pleasure of going to Fish Cafe with some of my Vancouver family. They hadn't been there for about 5 years but, knowing I like fish, thought it would be worth a try. What a treat. It is a small restaurant where the menu is on the chalk board and everything is homemade. You order your fish fried, blackened or grilled and then choose one of the sauces. The fish is accompanied by fries or rice. We started with fried calamari. The rings were juicy, tender, and flavorful. Between us we had grilled Arctic Char, trout and salmon - a good sampling of what was on the menu board. All cooked to perfection and delicious. As we left, my aunt was already planning a return visit to Fish Cafe.

3  Thank Stacey S
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My friend and I had tickets to a show and we wanted a quick dinner but also wanted some good fish. Fish Cafe hit the spot whether you are in the mood for fish fried or fish cooked more healthier.

I went with the fried cod and my friend went with the grilled salmon. The service was good and quick. Parking is on the streets and is meter parking.

1  Thank androidmilf
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We often go to this gem and see their daily menu on the chalkboard located on both walls . Marcus the owner and head chief serves large portions of what ever is fresh . The last time I went I had wonderful clam chowder and for my entrée Artic Char with Greek salad and fries. Let me first discuss fries .These are undoubtedly the worlds finest fries all hand cut and deep fries exactly right each and every time. The chowder is thick with lots of clams and very tasty. I usually have some freshly ground pepper to it but it is certainly not bland . My wife usually has the fresh halibut or fresh cod but there are many others to choose from. If Marcus is working ask him to make you his special curried prawns which aren't on the menu but very good. It is very small so reservations would be recommended especially around dinner time

1  Thank Larry J
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The food was great, cute little place, nice server. Has the grilled prawns, calamari and Caesar salad. Prices are reasonable. Enjoyed it and will be back

2  Thank travelingwithtot