“Very tasty but a server wasn't great...”
Review of Ramen Sanpachi - CLOSED

Ramen Sanpachi
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I really enjoyed the Sanpachi ramen. It was very tasty, like the ramen I ate in Japan.
One server wasn't great.(She was NOT a Japanese.)
There are other real Japanese ramen stores in Vancouver. They have great Japanese staff. They were very POLITE and know the Japanese food and culture too. I think that if you are going to serve Japanese food you need to follow the ways of Japanese culture as well.
I love Sapporo style ramen but Sanpachi ramen should think more about what is great customer service for those who love Japanese ramen. I was disappointed that three of the most popular Ramen dishes were sold out. it is not possible for these simple dishes to be sold out and would never be sold out in Sapporo.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I went here with my friend for lunch.
We arrived around 12pm, we had seat.
I ordered cold noodle and my friend ordered Miso ramen.
5 min later my friend got her ramen and she found unknown "string" in her ramen. Waitress told us that's from pork belly.
Anyway, my ramen didn't come for while so my friend finishes her ramen. She had to run so she left and I got my ramen.
That's was far from what they showed on picture and there were different type of egg and no shrimp.
It was my first time try here and I will not come back.
Service and food quality was not up to my expectation.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We ate in the place at least 5 five times during are 3 week stay in Vancouver B.C. The noodles soup are very tasty and priced reasonably. The Korean server was the best of the lot as she spoke pretty good English, too bad she is going back to Korea.

Visit after 8PM as you will get 15% off because of the happy hour promotion.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Food is okay, indeed there are other ramen eateries outbeating Sanpachi. However the service is not acceptable - waitress will ask you for tips no matter you're willing or not and insist there should be 15% of tips on top of the order. My experience is they first ask you whether you have changes for tips and then they will calculate the total of tips and show it to you, make sure they will have 15% of tips before they give you the changes.
Never been to any restaurants in Vancouver that they will "force" you for tip. 15% for greasy and dirty table and just okay food is way too much for me.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

It had been about 6 months since I had been to this restaurant. Cool damp day in Vancouver and soup sounded good. My friend and I both had the spicy Ramen and the Karrage (chicken tenders). The Soup was excellent and well seasoned. The broth was incredible with just a hint of spice, and the chicken was perfectly cooked and lots of meat. Service was Excellent! We were asked at least 3 times if everything was OK and if we needed anything.