“Great food and lively atmosphere”
Review of Purple olive - CLOSED

Purple olive
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 22 June 2014

New owners have done an amazing job with the menu. Great comfort food items well cooked and reasonable priced. Great atmosphere with the FIFA world cup going on

Reviewed 22 June 2014

PLEASE DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS.....It looks good with cheap prices but do not be fooled...Worst customer service ever in Canada! I ordered a Chicken Cali Burger and what came was a non- chewable, plastic-y sort of uncooked meat. I asked the server about this and all I got back in return was a 5 minute tirade from a lady manager ( she never told her name) how cooked it was and they took out a sample from my burger to see if it was really that way! I am not joking, 5 minutes the lady was arguing how the customer (myself) was wrong and she was right!! In the end, she said 'alright I will take it off', BUT SHE DID NOT!! I had to pay for the most ridiculous burger ever. The server and manager seemed not caring about customer at all. I urge every sensible soul to never go there.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The place isn't that nice its all black and the bar has just large mirrors reflecting a very basic bar. service ok, food is standard bar grub. Chicken tenders my partner had were over cooked!! Bad qaulity control for such a basic item. My burger was good value and tasty. Weekly deals on going

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I like this place. Is not gonna be the best meal of your life but you can have a pleasant lunch for less than 10 bucks each. The sandwiches are open and the steak dishes are okay but sometimes I think they try to make luxurious what are essentially simple meals.

If they served the dishes like they suppose to do it, it would be a better place for sure. But in the area, for 8 bucks, at least you can have a decent meal without ending in a fast food place. The staff were okay but sometimes it seem that they were short of people but they try to be on top of it. Not that bad but could be better....

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My dad spotted this restaurant while we were staying nearby. $13 Steak & Prawn special on Friday night. Nothing in the area looked even close to that for twice the price but we decided to give it a try. A little bland, but not bad at all. We all cleaned our plates and were satisfied with spending less than half what we had been spending for dinner in the area. Nice place to try if you are tired of spending $50 pp on dinner, but don't want to go to far from Robson.