“Great for tourists and locals!”

Vancouver Mysteries
Ranked #2 of 45 Fun & Games in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Solve a murder, complete a spy mission, or save the planet. Immerse yourself in an exciting fictional world with a themed mystery game. At Vancouver Mysteries you’ll collect clues as the story unfolds on the streets of downtown Vancouver. We supply the kit, you solve the mystery. Choose from three games: murder mystery Crime in Downtown, spy thriller Secret Mission and superhero adventure Heroes and Villains.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for tourists and locals!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a great way to spend a warm spring evening! I run a women's group where we try to do a new adventure each month. After reading other great reviews, we set up our own private "Crime in Downtown" event. We had a blast. The game was well organized and a lot of fun. "Detective Bennett" was helpful throughout the booking process and sent us on our way with bags packed with sleuthing goodies. All three of our teams had a wonderful time and I am sure many of us will soon be booking parties for our young teens, work team-building events, and recommending it to families and couples visiting Vancouver. This is a creative and entertaining way to learn about Vancouver history while giving "the little grey cells" a workout too!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Carol F
VanMysteries, Detective Bennett at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the great review, Carol! Your group was so fun! You had one of the fastest teams on record, one of the best dressed teams I've ever seen, and another team scored a perfect 100 mystery points! I've put all of your names in for promotion with the Chief of Police.

Los Angeles, California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Fun way to learn about Vancouver”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were looking for a fun, scavenger hunt-type activity to do while visiting Vancouver. After reading the descriptions, we picked the "Secret Mission." They emailed us a couple days before our reserved date and told us where to meet (make sure you check your spam folder). We were met promptly at the designated time, and provided with the tools we needed to solve the mystery. We had a great time running around the downtown area, solving puzzles and learning about Vancouver's history. At times, I felt like we were on "The Amazing Race." Tip: You don't need to know anything in advance, and a smartphone won't help you. Just bring comfortable shoes and your brain. We scored a perfect 100.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank VinceInLA
VanMysteries, Police Division at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks for the review, you were fantastic detectives! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit -
Sacramento, Ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A mystery a day keeps boredom away”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

As a huge mystery fan, I jumped at the chance to play this game. My team met at the designated spot and the host (Sevan) was ready and waiting. He was very personable, explained the rules we needed to know, but skipped information we told him we already understood. In other words, we weren't bored to death. The game itself took place around old Vancouver and progressed by the use of clues and landmarks. Some were more difficult while others were easier (especially if your a good clue breaker). It was raining but we could have cared less. As we got more and more involved in the game, people would stop us and ask what we were doing, volunteer information and try to join. (There are a lot of mystery fans out there). The addition of the public made the game more fun (although darn if we were going to let them play). We solved the mystery and rushed back in just under three hours. (One hour late for the bonus points but I was using walking sticks and can't move fast.) But who cared it was great!

We asked our host about the Secret Agent game and determining it would be exciting in a completely different manner, asked if he would let us play two hours early on Sunday ( so we could jump the Sky Train and be in time to watch the Canucks). He accommodated us and we were off to save Vancouver from a 'bomb blast' that would level downtown. This game was similar in many aspects to the murder mystery but in important ways it diverged making it very entertaining and seriously worth playing.

I recommend both games to game players from beginner to advanced and will gladly play any new games this company puts out when next I return. (I'm from Sacramento, Ca) I thought the price was very reasonable and the atmosphere outstanding. Thanks Sevan, you made my trip a 'blast'!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank iminaketch22
VanMysteries, Game Ops at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
So great to hear you enjoyed both games during your visit from Sacramento! Thank you for the review!
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun time in Gastown”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I were in Vancouver to celebrate our anniversary. We love whodunnits and crime dramas, so this was perfect for us. It was a great way to learn about the history of Gastown. We had a great time!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Colleen C
VanMysteries, Chief Detective at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and great job on cracking the case, detectives... I've put your names up for a promotion!
Surrey, BC
“Legen... Wait for it.... Dary!!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We celebrated my husband's & my girlfriends' birthdays & we all had an amazing time! I would highly recommend the murder mystery & wish my friends & I could do it again, but unfortunately once you've participated in the mystery you cannot do it again as it is the same one. I think we will try the secret mission as well. Overall it was a successful night & very well put together. Brilliant!

Visited March 2014