“a Surprise birthday game for a "Clue" fanatic”

Vancouver Mysteries
Ranked #2 of 47 Fun & Games in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Solve a murder, complete a spy mission, or save the planet. Immerse yourself in an exciting fictional world with a themed mystery game. At Vancouver Mysteries you’ll collect clues as the story unfolds on the streets of downtown Vancouver. We supply the kit, you solve the mystery. Choose from three games: murder mystery Crime in Downtown, spy thriller Secret Mission and superhero adventure Heroes and Villains.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We did "Crime in Downtown" for my friend's birthday, who absolutely loves the "Clue" games. The game host was very accommodating for helping us plan this surprise, and showed up in character. Oh boy, was she surprised :). We had a blast running around solving puzzles and the 'murder'. We are locals, but there were some parts of Gastown that we had not explored before so that was cool. Nothing like friendly competition between fellow detectives :). Can't wait for more games!

2  Thank sugarbunny515
VanMysteries, Detective Bennett at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for the review and I'm so glad the surprise was a success - mission accomplished! Our next game to become available will be Secret Mission: teams of secret agents will have to save the city and we'd love to have you back again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hi there,
We did the Murder Mystery "tour" / game for a friend's 30th birthday - it was something she wanted to do and I wasn't actually that excited for it because I didn't think it was 'my kind of thing' - WRONG! We had a blast and it was so fun to use our heads that way, and to explore Gastown like a tourist even though I've been a Vancouverite for 15 years! Lots of laughs, lots of fun but still challenging thinking, just a really cool, well organized, and AFFORDABLE thing to do with a group.
Would totally recommend this.

1  Thank jennybouch
VanMysteries, Detective Bennett at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed the game and thank you for the review, it's great to hear that locals enjoy it, too! And the birthday girl's team won - which was perfect, case closed.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was my mom's 80th birthday, and she is a true crime fanatic. So when I found out about Vancouver Mysteries the choice was clear what we would do for her party. We brought the whole family, even my 4 year old son. We all had an incredible time searching for clues and deducing who dunnit it. What a great way to explore Gastown and spend time with family. Would highly recommend.

VanMysteries, Detective Bennett at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and I'm so happy to hear that you all had fun! I posted your group's photo on our Facebook page - incriminating evidence that our games are fun for the whole family!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a great way to spend a warm spring evening! I run a women's group where we try to do a new adventure each month. After reading other great reviews, we set up our own private "Crime in Downtown" event. We had a blast. The game was well organized and a lot of fun. "Detective Bennett" was helpful throughout the booking process and sent us on our way with bags packed with sleuthing goodies. All three of our teams had a wonderful time and I am sure many of us will soon be booking parties for our young teens, work team-building events, and recommending it to families and couples visiting Vancouver. This is a creative and entertaining way to learn about Vancouver history while giving "the little grey cells" a workout too!

1  Thank Carol F
VanMysteries, Detective Bennett at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for the great review, Carol! Your group was so fun! You had one of the fastest teams on record, one of the best dressed teams I've ever seen, and another team scored a perfect 100 mystery points! I've put all of your names in for promotion with the Chief of Police.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were looking for a fun, scavenger hunt-type activity to do while visiting Vancouver. After reading the descriptions, we picked the "Secret Mission." They emailed us a couple days before our reserved date and told us where to meet (make sure you check your spam folder). We were met promptly at the designated time, and provided with the tools we needed to solve the mystery. We had a great time running around the downtown area, solving puzzles and learning about Vancouver's history. At times, I felt like we were on "The Amazing Race." Tip: You don't need to know anything in advance, and a smartphone won't help you. Just bring comfortable shoes and your brain. We scored a perfect 100.

1  Thank VinceInLA
VanMysteries, Police Division at Vancouver Mysteries, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks for the review, you were fantastic detectives! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit -