“Yum!”

Ranked #499 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The food cart is not hard to find. Walking down Burrard there was 2 or 3 of them and one closer to Stanley park as well. They are very flavorful and worth every penny. Definitely check them out!

There are newer reviews for Japadog

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Glorified Japanese fusion style hot dogs that were mind blowing! Try the Kurobuta pork dog with nori (seaweed), onions and the special terimayo sauce. Will not disappoint.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Japadog is no longer just a food truck, they have set up restaurants all over, so it is more like a chain now. I guess that has probably dispersed the crowds.

I picked the kurobuta terimayo since it was supposedly their #1 japadog. OMG. IT WAS SO GOOD. I think the key was that the bun was slightly toasted, it has a soft crunch when you take your first bite, but not hard or totally crunchy. The pork sausage itself was savory, and the onion was a nice addition. I'm usually okay with teriyaki sauce (not a huge fan), but terimayo (teriyaki + mayo) is sooooo good! Top that off with some seaweed. AHHHHHOMGGGG. I'm at a loss for words, damn, I need an emoticon for this.

You will NOT be disappointed by Japadog. Definitely do give this a try!!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I never thought I'd score a food cart a 5/5 in a review, but Japadog is completely worth it. The teriyaki sauce one in particular is awesome, and the cheese stuffed dog is good too. The seaweed adds this Japanese flavor as if you're eating sushi dogs. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

At first I was skeptical on stopping or a Japadog on the street, but then I saw a line down the street and knew I had to try it! Let me tell you, the #1 is what I got and it was great! Voted one of the "101 things you have to try before you die" by Vancouver Magazine, and it definitely didn't disappoint. Give it a try!