“Vancouver Beer treasure”

Vancouver Brewery Tour
Ranked #2 of 56 Food & Drink in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Craft Beer is our Passion. Explore Vancouver's vibrant craft beer scene with Vancouver Brewery Tours. Our fun and informative tours take you behind-the-scenes of Vancouver's BEST craft breweries and show you how award winning beers are made. Visit 3 breweries in 3 hours and sample plenty of beer along the way! No line ups guaranteed, VIP access and beer expert Guides. Check out our Public Brewery Tours running Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Travel in style in our cushy 14 seater vans. Beer and Food Tours are perfect for those wanting to combine a meal with their tour and run Tuesday nights. NEW - strap on the runners and join a Brewery Creek Walking Tour which run Wednesday and Friday afternoons from April to October. Convenient pick up and drop off from Waterfront Station for all van tours. Walking tours meet up close to public transport. Private Tours also available 7 days a week, upon request. Book online to secure your spot on a craft beer adventure with Vancouver Brewery Tours. Hop on!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Vancouver Beer treasure”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am brewery fanatic so this tour was a no-brainer for me in our short pre-cruise visit to Vancouver. My wife was talked into joining me and we were joined with a bachelor party group and another couple for the tour. Ryan, our guide, was outstanding. Always with smile, he provided a wealth of knowledge about the breweries and the Vancouver craft beer scene. He drove us to 3 separate breweries; Bomber, Storm and SteamWorks. He told us about the breweries, the beer making process, beer styles and other fun facts. Each brewery had its unique feel and flair. I liked each brewery and their beers, but the highlight for me was Storm Brewery. The brewery was the smallest I have every seen and looked like a combination torture chamber and machine shop, but the beer was amazing. Ryan provided water and a small snack in the van as we went to each brewery, but I would definitely advise eating something more substantial before starting out. My wife, a wine preferring casual beer drinker, loved the brewery tour as much as I did. We are committed to do it again when we take another trip to Vancouver.

Visited August 2014
RyanMackey, Manager at Vancouver Brewery Tours, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
It always makes us happy when a brewery fantastic and craft beer enthusiast enjoyed our tour, thank you. We strive to bring at unique, behind the scenes feel to our tours. It was fun having you on board and would love to see you again when you're in Vancouver next! Cheers.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little education, a little drinking...a lot of fun!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Ryan was an outstanding guide who had ample knowledge of craft beer: from history, to ingredients, to equipment, to beer variety, Ryan definitely knew what he was talking about. The format is "talk-first, drink-later" which really heightened your enthusiasm for the beer once he was done talking. Underscored throughout the tour is the fact that there are so many great craft breweries throughout Vancouver (and throughout the Lower Mainland, once you read the newspaper at tour's end). Second to that is someone else is doing the driving for you, and you're in the company of other beer enthusiasts. One caveat: as other reviewers have mentioned, make sure that you've have a decent meal beforehand, otherwise you might find yourself a little tipsy afterward. And you certainly don't have to drink EVERYTHING that's put in front of you!

As for breweries (they take you to three), pay close attention to Storm, which had very creative and tasty beer. Don't let the appearance fool you--it may look like a Cold War torture chamber--the beer they produce draws from disparate ingredients designed to satisfy a range of taste buds (try the grapefruit radler IPA and vanilla whiskey stout).

Overall, it was an informative and fun experience which I would definitely pay money to do again!

Visited August 2014
Thanks so much for your kind and fun feedback. I think James at Storm would get a kick out of your comment! He might even steal that description :) Great to have you on board with us and would love to have you out again. Cheers!
Montreal, Canada
“Great fun for all, mandatory for beer fans!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the pleasure of joining Ryan for a brewery tour two Sundays ago. I’m Vancouver born and raised but have lived in Montreal for the past 12 years, and although Quebec and New England have no shortage of excellent beers, I always look forward to visits to Vancouver as opportunities to further explore BC’s vibrant craft brewing scene.

Ryan is an exceptional guide. Owing to his passion for, and knowledge about, BC craft brewing, he was able to convey a great deal of information concerning the history, processes, products, institutions and people we encountered while remaining engaging throughout. No lectures here, just engaging talk from a true enthusiast. Ryan’s personality also did much to create a relaxed but convivial atmosphere amongst our large group (fifteen attendees!) - although I suppose the beer deserves some credit for that, as well!

We visited Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers, Bridge Brewing and Storm Brewing, all of which were distinct and interesting. From Deep Cove’s elegant taproom to the tiny bar squeezed into the front of Bridge’s minuscule-but-efficient space and through to the stainless steel counter that fronts the mighty laboratory-machine shop that is Storm, I was greatly impressed by the quality of the beer, and no less so by the hospitality and knowledgeability of each brewery’s staff. These are all working breweries and production doesn’t just shut down when the tour arrives (in fact, this peek-behind-the-scenes is a major part of the appeal!), so I was particularly appreciative of the warm and informative welcome we were given at each stop. Storm was especially enjoyable for me - the fact that the Rube Goldberg-looking apparatus they’ve put together turns out such excellent brews is a testament to the calibre of their craft.

The beer itself was excellent, varied and plentiful throughout. On that last note, I would second the recommendation to eat a hearty breakfast before embarking on the tour - there’s no swish-and-spit, so all those little glasses could certainly sneak up on you!

The best endorsement I can give is that I’m not usually a tour guy, but I had a blast with Vancouver Brewery Tours. I’ll certainly look forward to returning to the breweries we stopped at, and would happily hop in the van again for further exploration. Now if only these folks would open a branch in Montreal…

Visited July 2014
I think many from Vancouver would be envious of you in Montreal so we're happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed our local breweries. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you on board with us again sometime. Cheers!
“The Best Way to Learn, Sample and Experience Vancouver Beer Scene”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Rachel was an excellent guide for our tour on a hot Sunday excursion. Like the good craft beers that we sampled, the tour was a good balance of ingredients that you would need to make it fun, interesting, informative and local. It is a tour that I would recommend to anyone and I will do it again and consider it for a work team building event.

Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your craft beer experience with us! We hope to see you again for that work team building event. That would be really fun! Cheers
Bradenton, Florida
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“You get a LOT of excellent beer to sample and don't have to drive--what more could you want?!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I took this beer tour with a friend and we both really enjoyed it. The guide was very friendly and their choice of breweries this day were very good--ALL had very good beer. In particular, we loved STORM brewery--as their beers were insanely inventive. However, this place did look like a brewery built by hobos--lots of hand-made equipment and a shabbiness that straddled the fence between cool shabby and just plain shabby. BUT don't let the appearance food you--their beer is amazing and the freaky staff really friendly and worth seeing! As for Steamworks and 49th Parallel, they were also wonderful. My only warning--EAT A LOT before you can and perhaps bring some food with you. They bar food in the case of these three places was almost non-existent. And, unless you have a hollow leg or are an alcoholic, I cannot imagine you finishing without a buzz--so try not to have any plans for after the tour except for a nap!

Visited August 2014
We're really glad to hear that you and your friend really enjoyed your tour with us. The charm of Storm is one of the reasons we stop there often. Thank you for your feedback regarding eating before the trip. Perhaps worth highlighting a bit more in our prep email. :) Would love to see you back again sometime. Cheers!