“Best food truck in Vancouver!”
Review of Mangal Kiss

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mangal Kiss
Ranked #1,635 of 4,093 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Healthy, Street Food
Reviewed 14 August 2015

This cart serves grilled skewers (either chicken, beef or lamb) served in either a wrap or on a salad for $10, there are vegetarian salad and wrap options as well. I have been going here for several years now and they never disappoint. I always get the lamb kebab, which comes stuffed with a ton a fresh veggies, hummus and a mix of other sauces that makes this wrap truly delicious. The salad version is also excellent and comes with even more veggies. Make sure to come at 11:45 to avoid line ups.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

The wrap came steaming hot, burned my tongue the lamb was so hot.
After a couple minutes got back into it and was very tasty and fresh. I think it had too much mint which was overpowering in some bites. Also, i have had other truck food and it was a bit skilmpy on meat. I will be back to try the chicken.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I have been to Mangal Kiss many times over the last couple years and have almost always ordered the lamb kebabs. They come with lots of fresh greens, radishes, daikon, fig vinaigrette and harissa aoli. On every visit except one, the lamb kebabs were absolutely terrific - there are so many fresh greens and vegetables and the fig vinaigrette and harissa aoli are fantastic. (On my most recent visit, the lamb and the pita bread were a little tough but that's the first time that's occurred.)

I would give Mangal Kiss a five star rating except for the fact that you can wait for quite awhile to get your kebab. My co-workers and I have given up on going to Mangal Kiss during the noon rush hour.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Since the proprietor seemed like a very nice fellow, and for those of us who like lamb ("the reason God gave humans teeth"), it's always nice to find some. And I can't deny I enjoyed the food, but there were a few things that were turn-offs.

First, something about the way I was told it would take about 8 minutes made me keep an eye on my watch: 13 minutes, 40 seconds. Which isn't that long to wait if you're sitting in a restaurant during the evening, but it's a long time if you're standing on the sidewalk in your rapidly-evaporating lunch break.

Second, I thought that "lamb kebabs" would mean chunks of lamb, but it actually turned out to mean little lamb meatballs, a series of which punctuated a big, fat pita wrap that was mostly salad greens. Good salad greens, admittedly, but still.

Also, if I'm buying a pita wrap, I want the pita itself to not be cold. How much effort would it take to throw it on the grill?

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My Daughter had been wanting me to try Mangal Kiss since it was only a block away from her work.
She was 'spot on' with her recommendation. We shared a Lamb and Beef Kabab (2) between the two of us and we could only eat half of each. The meat is fresh, serving is generous, and the sauce.....EXCELLENT! Great central location and quick service...even at lunch time! Highly recommend!