“a not so spa experience”

Absolute Spa at The Century
Reviewed 26 July 2012

this is not the first time I go to this spa. i would rate it 4 stars back then but now their facilities are worn out and lack of attention from staffs made my last trip a "poor" and I am not going back again. The massage itself was good but that has nothing to do with the spa because massage therapies come and go. Their shower doesn't have hot or even warm water. This has always been the case in the past but as long as I run the water for a little while, I will get warm water. This time, nada. So disappointed. For the price they charge, I am not getting the same level of return in quality -- not going back again. And at this high end price range, there are a lot of other high end options in downtown Vancouver, even Whistler. Poor.

There are newer reviews for Absolute Spa at The Century

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I opted for the mani/pedi and savoured every moment! However, my daughter loved the massage and sauna. We plan to go again very soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Staying at this hotel at the end of a holiday in Canada and husband and I both treated ourselves to treatments in the spa. The envinronment (now on 3 floors), therapists and treatments were great. My pedicure was fantastic, a real pro as a therapist and some lovely touches made it special. A complimentary salad was a nice surprise afterwards too!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I decided to treat myself to a thapeutic massage. I checked other spas and hotels in the area. I asked the front desk person for a tour after reviewing other comments on this site just to make sure what I can expect. I was pleasantly surprised the facilities and amenities available. I am from out of town and wanted to go swimming during my vacation. You have access to a warm indoor pool, steam room inside the locker room, a relaxing room, and a dining room where after your massage you are treated to a chicken salad meal. The front desk staff were very nice and the massage was just wonderful. Paul is a very knowledgeable RHT and provided an excellent deep tissue massage. I really felt pampered here and I appreciate the fact that I could get a workout at the pool along with a massage treatment.

I definitely would come back again.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Lack of attention to service and a lot of attitude make this a big disappointment

4  Thank 63Pictures