“stop - do not spend money here”

Absolute Spa at The Century
Kamloops, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“stop - do not spend money here”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

When my wife and I arrived, the front reception area seemed nice, then a staff member gave us a tour of the amenities. We arrived early to take advantage of the pool and steam room. What a waste of time that was. The pool was very blah and dingy. There were a lot of exposed, rusty pipes that looked horrible. The ambience of the area was dated and horrible. We had these grand plans of lounging by the pool. I think we spend 2 minutes in the pool then got out. The steam room should not be considered a steam room, it should be classified as a glorified bathroom stall. When we arrived, the steam room was not turned on, so I was unable to use it. I turned it on, waited for twenty minutes, and it was still not ready. The steam room is also in the corner tucked away in the mens change room. I was hoping to be able to have a steam with my wife, but each steam room is in the mens/womens change rooms, so we could not enjoy it together. So far our experience was horrible.
Finally, we went to the waiting room and waited for our massage therapists to come get us. Waiting room was decent. We were taken to our massage room upstairs. Our massage therapists did a fantastic job, but the room we were in was very noisy. There was construction outside going on, and all I could here was drills and excavators working, not exactly relaxing. To make things worse, they never had any spa music playing. All we could hear was construction work.

After our spa, we went back to the dingy basement, had a nice salad, strawberries and champagne. The eating area resembles a renovated basement in someones house. After we ate, I went to have a shower and get changed, well the shower did not work. They had it taken apart, the handle to turn the shower on was removed. I guess I am not having a shower.
Anyways, we finally went back upstairs to pay. I complained about the issues. I still had to pay full price. They gave us some free lotion. I would have preferred to just have a large discount.
Later in the day the manager called, apologized and said she would send me a gift card. We might go back to an absolute spa, but it will definitely wont be this one.

Visited May 2013

Coquitlam, Canada
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I was very excited to try Absolute Spa with three of my girlfriends. We normally go to Spa Utopia but decided to try a different spa and agreed on Absolute at the Century Plaza. From the greeting at reception which did not make me feel welcome, to the sub standard pedicure I reveived (my nails were not filed properly and now have jaged edges, to the nail polish not even covering all of my nails!). I paid $85 to now have to refile and repaint my own nails. Also my pedicure did not start on time and instead of being 60 minutes took well over 80 minutes as the person performing my pedicure was very slow (but not in a good way). When I e-mailed my concerns, the Manager Marlene asked me to call her. I was quite happy thinking finally I was going to get good customer service and could share my feedback, instead she proceeds to tell me that her staff were very friendly when I checked in and basically didn't want to listen to my concerns but instead wanted to defend her staff and spa to me. I can see why the staff are so unfriendly based on her customer service skills. She offered me a $50 gifcard which I declined as there is no way I would ever want to return to this spa or recommend it to anyone I know. I will definitely stick with Spa Utopia in the future as they know the meaning of customer service and make you feel special while you are there. Avoid this place if you value your time and money!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Sofie_24147
Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada
“Best massage ever”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I was staying at the hotel, I loved that the spa was open until 9pm on Sunday. My tech was amazing and professional. She listened to me and gave me an amazing service. She even met up with us in the hallway and stayed to chat for a few moments.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jen A
Brecon, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Lovely Reflexology”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Lovely reflexology session. Nice to have a complimentary salad after the treatment. It was my birthday so the lovely lady gave me a free tube of lotion. Helped me relax before a long flight home and a lovely treat after being walking around for days.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank rhianapritchard
Vancouver, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“"Minor Renovations"”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

After hearing many raving comments about this place decided to book at 60 minute massage for two. Made the reservation two weeks prior and when they called me to confirm the reservation they advised me that they were doing minor renovations...

After check-in with no so friendly and awkward staff that showed us the facilities. The "cafe" area was closed for renovations, the wall near the men's change room was taken down, and lots of places that were covered up. Inside the relaxation room there were amenities such as iced water and coffee but you could see that the chairs were really worn down. The two massage therapist we had were amazing and worked on exactly what was needed.

Overall, it wasn't really "spa" like and super amazing that I needed to run back to. For the price I would recommend going elsewhere.

Visited October 2012