La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #57 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Boise ID
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

What a great hotel....from location to service..no complaints. This hotel is located in the heart of downtown near restaurants and wonderful shopping. The Hop-On Trolley is right across the street. I cannot say enough about the staff...clearly helpful in every way and remember my name each and every time I saw them. Restaurant food is way above average...chocolate buffet....what can I say?

I would definitely recommend and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We stayed in the La Grande Residence side of the hotel for two nights. We had a nice galley kitchen, fold out couch, and balcony. The hotel is beautiful. Even our 11 year old daughter noticed new flower arrangements each day. We aren't fancy people, but the touches were noticed.

We had a great rate as we signed up for the frequent stay benefits. If you want free wi-fi sign up for it. It's free! We also were supposed to get $30/day in food and beverage credit. It wasn't very clearly explained, so we missed out on one day as we arrived later in the evening. Guess we should've gone to the bar!

We did see Lou Diamond Phillips, but didn't say anything to him. I guess when you see people you're not really sure you can believe you eyes or something. Later my husband and I talked about it and both of us had noticed.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We stayed last week at the Sutton.
The place is well located and the concierge staff very attentive.
We enjoyed our stay but I think the hotel is a bit dated.
The rooms were renovated few years ago and is time to do it again. The room was dusty and on the small side. The lobby isn't comfortable too small for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 July 2010

pros:
great location
nice valet service
nice housekeeping service
good promo rates including valet service

cons:
dated decor - dark 1 bedroom
unkept - clock missing battery, balcony latch missing, window handles were broken
a/c is very loud

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We stayed here from the 14th thru the 21st and It was by far the most amazing hotel we have stayed at. First off to Barry, who works the grave yard shift that bought us our food late at night, Such an amazing employee, and Sutton Place should know this, which I am sure they do. He was incredibly polite, and to work on your birthday and still not be bitter, AMAZING. The room was spotless, and the housekeeping staff are awesome and trustworthy, we had coins and notes all over the place, a laptop, passports and other expensive items, and nothing got touched, stolen or moved. They even said Hi as you walked down the hallway. You dont get that sort of service in Australia. Would I stay here again, In a Heartbeat. Would I recomend to my friends, already have. Is this Hotel worth every cent, Damn right it is! And if I could give a review better the Excellent on the staff and the room service, I would give them a Freakin Amazing!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajbuckleybruhn
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My husband had a business trip to Vancouver and I joined him with our three month old baby.

The location is hard to beat as it is so central to everything. We took the Skytrain from the airport to the city and it was then an easy walk to the hotel. There is an IGA market over the road with a good selection of food that is easy to prepare in a hotel kitchen. The suite kitchen didn't have any dishes suitable for heating in the oven. Recognizing not everyone wants to cook it would be helpful to have a few available upon request for guests who do want to take advantage of the kitchen.

The hotel provided a proper crib for the baby which we really appreciated. The rooms were well serviced and cleaned. The hotel employees were all very courteous and helpful.

We will be back to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I stayed at the Sutton in June 2010. I found the best rate was on the hotel website, with many different promotions going on all the time, almost too many choices. The triple AAA rate seemed to be the best each time I checked but as the date came closer, the promotional rate turned out to be the best. I was looking for the one bedroom suite so I ended up booking in the grand residence tower. Wow, it was huge! It was a full one bedroom apartment with balcony, huge bedroom with king size bed (which was so comfortable!!!) galley kitchen with 4 full size appliances as well as blender, toaster, kettle and all the utensils/dishes/etc you need for entertaining! I was really impressed! There was a pullout couch in the living room as well as a huge flatscreen t.v with dvd and surround sound speakers! The patio had a bistro table and chairs which I used alot! I had a great view too from the 18th floor! There is an IGA market directly across the street for all of your grocery needs. There's a wine store attached to the hotel! I never ate in the restaurants but the room service was excellent everytime and served in style! Check in and check out was very quick and smooth. There was really only a couple of things that I was disappointed in: 1) when I booked on line, I was under the impression that my wireless internet ($15.00/day) would be included if I became a prestige member and booked on-line, it would also come with a $25.00 dining credit daily.(all of the promo rates come with this credit) I actually printed out the confirmation stating that it would be included. When I checked in they told me that with the promo rate that I received, wireless was not included but the $25.00 credit was. I tried to explain that it had nothing to do with the promo rate, that I received it for signing up as a member, but they would not budge. 2) Parking as everyone knows in Vancouver is very expensive, but when you are staying in a 5 star hotel, I expect the parking to be included! Sure if you want valet, that's different, but I thought $35.00/day was a little ridiculous. I would even consider $15.00 per day. They should just skip the dining credit and include parking and internet! There was also one day from about 4-7pm that there was no hot water. When I called, they blamed it on the city and told me I could go over to the "hotel" side and shower, well that's like walking across the street to another hotel, not very convenient at all. After a long discussion, and me cancelling my dinner reservations, I was able to get them to credit some of my charges for the inconvenience which was acceptable. Over all, I would give this hotel 5 out of 5 rating and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Loved it! PS, I forgot to mention that they have an indoor pool and hot tub and an outdoor patio (very private with fence and trees) with super comfy deck chairs, so perfect for catching some rays and relaxing!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo