“Plain Awesome”
Review of Storm Crow Tavern

Storm Crow Tavern
Ranked #4 of 101 Nightlife in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Vancouver's nerdiest restaurant! Like a sports bar for geeks, we stock a wide range of board and card games to play, play sci-fi on our big TV round the clock, and are host to an extensive array of fantasy memorabilia. Come on down for our delicious pub fare, sample our tasty BC microbrews, try our unique cocktails and random d20 shots, or prostrate yourself at our giant Cthulhu shrine.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Plain Awesome”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I love Storm Crow. I have been here a few times and every time is just as good as the last. The staff is friendly and appear to like their jobs. The food and drinks are unique and delicious... all with names with cult references. The game aspect is a fun aspect for groups attending. I would highly recommend this place but almost don't want to since its already quite popular and busy haha.

Richmond, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Many beers, and games for weary travellers”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This bar is geek heaven! Signed photos and cells, movie props, roll playing gear - bringing together fantasy and Sci Fi with gaming.

The menu included D & D style floor maps for the venue itself.
There was a pretty nice selection of beers too, and then you could select a game to bring back and play.

We were there with a couple of friends, and played Cards Against Humanity.

The only problem is it can be pretty hard to get in this place - it is very popular, and due to local law you won't be able to drink without a seat, so have a few local bars to visit to avoid disappointment.

Staff were dressed in costume appropriate to the decor and theme. There was a Klingon bar, Dr Who references, Game of Thrones everywhere, walls of laser guns, walls of crossbows (including a Minecraft one - it was the bow not the picaxe!)

Visited August 2014
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good for all ages!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I may be a senior, but when I visit my adult kids in Vancouver, we go to the Storm Crow. Great food, great beer, lots of fun and atmosphere. One never outgrows these things. Board games, movie nights, or, best yet, Cards Against Humanity, it's a much better scene than most clubs. I heartily recommend The Storm Crow!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary S
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome place with great food and drinks!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you're looking for a casual place to drink, nerd out, and even play some games, Storm Crow is an amazing place. Great thematic food and drink, and free use of board and card games makes Storm Crow a tavern without match. I clumsily spilled a drink that got some Cards Against Humanity a bit wet, and was not even asked to pay to replace them. A hearty tip was instead forthcoming! I would suggest getting there early, so you can get a good table to settle down into, as it gets (understandably) busy.

Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome for food, atmosphere, and drinking”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been to the Storm Crow on a few occasions, most notably for part of my 30th birthday celebrations, and at different times / days. Each time, you are greeted with super friendly and attentive service, a variety of interesting brews, D20 shots if you fancy them, and an unbeatable ambiance.

The food was absolutely fantastic; I had the stew both occasions, and it was tasty, hearty and lovingly made. I've also had desserts - again, these were wonderfully made and absolutely in the very difficult to find portion zone of just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth lust without being more than an average human could ever hope to finish.

If you like to swig ale and down shots, there's a brilliant variety of themed shots and well selected and stocked beers.

All I'd ask is... when are you opening a sister pub in Calgary!? :O