“A Sunday staple in the 604”
Review of The Roxy

The Roxy
Ranked #12 of 101 Nightlife in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A Sunday staple in the 604”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Want to hang out with some Canucks players? Want cheap liquor and live country music? THIS CLUB IS FOR YOU!

Grab some friends and go EARLY on a sunday (think 8pm) then have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!

Visited August 2012

London, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“Not elegant, but cool, interesting place”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I thought it was kind of a pank club.
Heavy music. Live band is good.

not your most elegant place.
Great pictures on walls. If you like (heavy) rock, you will love it here. Hip crowd.

Note 3 very cool posters on the way to toilets.

Visited February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“C&W night when I went”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Meh on the tunes but still a fun night. Great crowd.

Visited February 2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun club with a good live band”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We came to Vancouver for the weekend and decided to give the Roxy a try. We went there around 10:40pm on a Friday night. We waited for an hour or so to get in, I think because there were a lot of single guys ahead of us or maybe just a lot of people. (We were two girls, two guys). The live cover band was great and sounded better than the canned music you get at most places. Bouncers were very polite and the noise level is about as loud as you'd expect. Cover was a bit high but we enjoyed ourselves for 3 hours of dancing with bouts of people watching. Not a shiny new club, but comfortable and fun.

Visited March 2011
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NYE putting your best staff forward - FAIL”
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I am a responsible (and non-alcoholic drinking) 24-year old female adult (I'm Asian and I drive my car everywhere I go because I live in the boonies). I touched a screen that was two inches away from my face out of curiosity and had TWO bouncers push me out of the doors (despite asking them to stop pushing me and I'll exit myself voluntarily). Regardless they shoved me out the doors and did not give me a chance to get my coat and forced me out the doors in the winter with a dress on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but people have their best staff on NYE to be the most efficient and be the best at providing customer service. I have never been to Roxy betore today and I regret this experience. I am born and raised in Vancouver and have experience what a great clubbing experience can be else where. DO NOT GO THERE DO NOT GO THERE. DO NOT GO THERE.. unless you REALLY enjoy country music because that's what they played all night before I got kicked out.

3 Thank CarmenLee11