“worse experience ever”

Robson Suites
HK
“worse experience ever”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had stayed in this hotel twice, first time, the room is not ready for me even i arrived at 3pm and the reception said I should had told them i need a early check in if i don't want to wait, ( 3pm is not early check in right?)
second time, i checked in at 10pm, send kids to bed and unpack luggage and sleep at 130am, 230am i heard loud water dropping sound, go check whats happen, found water dropping from the ceiling, not only one place but 4-5 places, the floor is watery, called the reception and told that all room is full, i could only transfer to other hotel, and its 3am!!! I need to pack all my luggage again and hold my 2 babies to transfer to other hotel. next day morning, I had been offered for one night complimentary stay as for that ridiculous accident, after complain to them again, I finally got 4 night complimentary stay.
Persona thoughts: the service is not good, staff not really willing to help, hotel should be all about service but they don't think the same i guess…..the water world thing is all accident of coz but the hotel should could handle it better and go claim the insurance company but not try have me to claim my own insurance company.
last but not least, the picture looks much better than the recent condition of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank g1123
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for leaving your review of your recent stay. I apologize for all the incidents you had experienced with us during your visits. Please allow me for the break down on the incidents: I would like to rephrase on the respond of my Front Desk Agent regarding the check in time. The hotel check in time is 3pm. Hotel Executive Housekeeper will inspect each room prior to guest’s arrival. At about 3pm, my housekeeper was inspecting the assigned room for your family, and preparing the 2 highchairs. My Agent meant if we were informed the arrival time, the housekeeper would have inspected the room first instead of having your family to wait for 10 minutes in the lobby. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication here.
In addition, each of my staff do our best to make sure all our guests are satisfied and happy throughout their stays, however, we cannot avoid and prevent the unforeseeable incidents such as water pipe broke in the middle of the night. Hotel was full that night. Once the live in Managers realized the incident, they reserved another 3.5 diamond Downtown hotel, phoned and paid for the taxi ride, assisted the luggage into the taxi for 3 different families. Meanwhile, they were working to minimize the water damage. Personally, I appreciated very much for all their efforts the entire night. Furthermore, I thank so much for the relocation guests for being very understanding on this incident and insisted not to receive any compensations as they said” This is nobody’s fault. We are just the “lucky” guests for being relocated to a nicer hotel as the room rates they paid at Robson Suites not enough to stay at this hotel”. I understand each guest has different expectations and needs. I also understand the statement of “Guest is always Right!” But I accept the rephrase statement of” Guest with Reasonable Request is always Right”. Regarding to the hospitality service part: Free upgraded your family from a standard two queen beds to a King size bedroom suite, with daily complimentary breakfast and parking. My housekeeper washed, dried and folded your household laundry, and delivered them to you with a high chair. I appreciated your compliments on the hotel photographing.
Thank you for choosing the Robson Suites Vancouver. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me at coco@robsonsuitesvancouver.com for further concerns. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently stayed here for one week. Robson Suites is located in West Vancouver in a wonderful location. I stayed in a studio apartment. The apartment has a small kitchen, bathroom and a bedsitting area. After travelling for a few weeks this was ideal for me as I could prepare my own meals - however there are some excellent restaurants very close by. There are 2 supermarkets, Safeway is opposite and there is a organic one very close too. However I did find the organic one extremely expensive. There is also a small laundry in the apartment. Location wise, you can walk to several places including Stanley Park and English Bay. There is a sightseeing bus stop one block away. The only issue I had was that there system was down when I checked out and they promised to email me my account and receipt. I needed to remind them to do that - otherwise an great pace to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen K
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Robson Suites during your visit in Vancouver, Canada. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time in our city and the hotel. I apologize for the delay on emailing you the hotel invoice as we've had some technical issue with our server computer on your departure date. It took us a couple days to resolve the problem. I am glad you have received the invoice on time. We look forward to welcoming you for your next visit. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I booked 3 nights following on from a 2 week adventure trip where we were staying in hostels, so this was our recovery time. Big comfy bed, plenty of room to spread out, full kitchen, full bathroom - and a washing machine and dryer, great location - what more could you want? Perfect location for exploring Stanley Park, but also only a short walk to downtown and beyond. Surrounded by heaps of restaurants if you'rre not so keen on making use cof the kitchen in your room. We had some spectacular food at the japanese restaurants nearby. Loved it. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Robson Suites Vancouver during your travel in Vancouver, Canada. I am thrilled to seeing the word " paradise" on your comment. This is such a powerful word with joy and peace once describing the location as "paradise". We look forward to welcoming your next trip to the beautiful city and the convenient spot in Downtown, Vancouver. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

If you are looking for a nice place in a good location this is it. The decor is modest, but the suite is roomy with everything you need. Two grocery stores within a block or two, however with such fantastic restaurants we never did cook a thing. Best part, sitting in the sunroom in the morning with my Starbucks watching the city wake up.

Room Tip: We faced Robson and enjoyed the people watching from the sunroom.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Robson Suites during your visit in Vancouver, Canada. I like it so much how you named us as "Robson Sweet". I am glad you found your stay was an enjoyable one. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. A big thank you from the Robson Suite Team!!
North Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I rented this for 5 nights when attending a conference. It is 15 minutes walk from the Vancouver conference centre near Canada Place. The walk is along the waterfront. It is close to bike rental shops for a 9-45 km bike ride. E flat would have been comfortable for two adults or family of four if children would have been happy on the sofa bed. I liked the little safe balcony.
Near food shops and restaurants on Robson. I was not kept awake by noise but the air-conditioning is quite noisy.
No fitness centre or pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your candid review on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the noise of our AC unit. I aware of some guests are more light/sensitive sleepers, and will be easily wake by the functioning devices throughout the night such as the AC and kitchen fridge. I would recommend them to book the One Bedroom Suite which you can have a private bedroom away from the kitchen and the AC in the living room, and leave the bedroom door half open with a fan on and half window open as well, so the room will have fresh air flow. Thank you for choosing the Robson Suites Vancouver, and we look forward to welcoming you for your next visit in Vancouver, Canada. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This place is in the heart of everything. There are 2 grocery stores, restaurants and bus stops very close by. You get a lot of space and a full kitchen here which makes traveling with kids much easier. You even have a washer & dryer in your unit. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit which has a pull out couch in the living area. Perfect size for 4 people. I wish they had a pool but other than that, I'd happily stay here again. Parking is offered under the building and it's a little like going down a rabbit hole.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your recent stay feedback to us. I am pleased to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay at the Robson Suites. Our major client is the family group, therefore, we will cater to their needs such as providing a baby crib and high chair for free if needed. We look forward to welcoming your family the next trip in Vancouver, Canada in the near future. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!
South Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here in April for 5 nights in a studio room which was ample for our needs. The full kitchen and washer and dryer were very useful. We would definitely stay here again but probably opt for a one bedroom apartment to escape the noise of the refrigerator through the night. The location is great for the waterfront and the many Asian restaurants along Robson St area. This is not a luxury apartment but it is very clean, well furnished and excellent value.

Room Tip: The noise from the refrigerator overnight in a Studio room may be annoying for some people but it is...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Robson Suites as your accommodation during your visit in our beautiful city. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time staying with us and found the location easy access to the restaurants, grocery stores, Stanley Park and most shopping stores. Since our Studio Suite is a bachelor suite with the open access to the kitchen, for sensitive/light sleepers, we would definitely recommend our One Bedroom Suite to them as they get a private bedroom, away from most of the plugged in devices overnight. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to greeting you in the near future. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!!